What to do when a manager quits the league. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What to do when a manager quits the league.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What to do when a manager quits the league.

Postby mr.ed » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:28 pm

I'm the commish for a non-keeper 5x5 roto league and the last place team manager just notified me that he is quitting the league. I have locked any movement on his team for now. My question is: Does anyone know an equitable way to disperse his players to the remaining teams (some type of secondary manual draft) or do those players (including David Ortiz) remain frozen in fantasy hell?
mr.ed
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:39 pm

I would keep those players frozen for the rest of this year. There is no fair way to distribute them at this point of the season.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sensei » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:40 am

Non-keeper? I'd just put in his best guys so that whatever lineup he has will "compete" and not just give away points to whoever he might be leading in some categories, and freeze.
"I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Sensei
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DSheppard » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:00 am

id leave them in purgatory and just pretend he never left.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Jury » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:25 am

Sensei wrote:Non-keeper? I'd just put in his best guys so that whatever lineup he has will "compete" and not just give away points to whoever he might be leading in some categories, and freeze.

Good point, I forgot to mention that. Try to field him the most competitive lineup, though you don't have to update it every day. Just set it and forget it.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Matthias » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:32 am

The Jury wrote:
Sensei wrote:Non-keeper? I'd just put in his best guys so that whatever lineup he has will "compete" and not just give away points to whoever he might be leading in some categories, and freeze.

Good point, I forgot to mention that. Try to field him the most competitive lineup, though you don't have to update it every day. Just set it and forget it.

yup. there is no way that you could disburse the players and even make half of the people happy or make it even 50% fair. so don't worry about it... keep his lineup reasonably active and move on.

or, advertise for a new owner.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BritSox » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:25 am

The Jury wrote:

I'd jsut add one proviso: if one of his starting players hits the DL and he doesn't have a backup, pick up the no1 Yahoo ranked player at that position from the WW.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby mak1277 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:58 am

BritSox wrote:
The Jury wrote:

I'd jsut add one proviso: if one of his starting players hits the DL and he doesn't have a backup, pick up the no1 Yahoo ranked player at that position from the WW.

Honestly, I think this is more work that needs to be put in. I wouldn't bother updating his lineup ever once it's frozen. As long as it's agreed upon up front, the rest of the league can't complain after the fact.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Return to Baseball Leftovers