Mojito Time - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mojito Time

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:40 pm

blankman wrote:Wrong topic? :-?

It's my topic, I can hijack it if I want to :-D
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:51 pm

Coppermine wrote:
RugbyD wrote:my bro makes a killer raspberry mojito

You see this picture? This is a funny story.....

OK, maybe you're familiar with this picture of "Ponch" from the internet... they're a much more popular picture of here with the caption "You're a *** (you know what it is, i'm just trying to be amiable).

Anyway, I work for a small IT consulting company who does IT work for Fortune 500 companies like Volvo and JLG. Well, we have this thing oing around in the office called "getting ponched." It's this picture (plus the offensive caption) getting set as your desktop wallpaper if you happen to forget to lock your computer or shut it down when walking away.

It reached a new level this week though. My manager connected to my computer last week after I had left for the day and "ponched" me... no big deal, it happens to all of us... but, upon booting up, I foudn that when I went to change my wallpaper, my ability to do so was disabled. It was one of his little "tests." As an IT consultant, I guess it's good to be familiar with the complete Windows environment.

First I discovered that he had disabled my administrative privilages. I logged in as the generic PC install ID and added myself as an Admin but, sure enough, my ability to change the wallpaper was still disabled. Sure enough, and after quite some embarrassing time (believe me, if I had to ask him to fix it for me, I would have looked like a douche) I found the solution. Windows has a "group policy" function in the WinXP Pro environement (Run > gpedit.msc) that allows you to enable and disable multiple functions of the Windows environment. Once I found the "Disable change wallpaper" key, I was finally able to "un-ponch" myself.

Since I don't have my MCSE yet, this was a bit of a challenge, but here you can see what us IT guys do when we're not fixing your computer.... we're trying to get Erik Estrada off of our desktop telling us that we're gay, using microsoft systems engineer tricks to do so.

I'm still tring to figure out how to get back at my manager for this one.

I can't believe you didn't know GPedit.msc god you are so weak
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:06 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
RugbyD wrote:my bro makes a killer raspberry mojito

You see this picture? This is a funny story.....

OK, maybe you're familiar with this picture of "Ponch" from the internet... they're a much more popular picture of here with the caption "You're a *** (you know what it is, i'm just trying to be amiable).

Anyway, I work for a small IT consulting company who does IT work for Fortune 500 companies like Volvo and JLG. Well, we have this thing oing around in the office called "getting ponched." It's this picture (plus the offensive caption) getting set as your desktop wallpaper if you happen to forget to lock your computer or shut it down when walking away.

It reached a new level this week though. My manager connected to my computer last week after I had left for the day and "ponched" me... no big deal, it happens to all of us... but, upon booting up, I foudn that when I went to change my wallpaper, my ability to do so was disabled. It was one of his little "tests." As an IT consultant, I guess it's good to be familiar with the complete Windows environment.

First I discovered that he had disabled my administrative privilages. I logged in as the generic PC install ID and added myself as an Admin but, sure enough, my ability to change the wallpaper was still disabled. Sure enough, and after quite some embarrassing time (believe me, if I had to ask him to fix it for me, I would have looked like a douche) I found the solution. Windows has a "group policy" function in the WinXP Pro environement (Run > gpedit.msc) that allows you to enable and disable multiple functions of the Windows environment. Once I found the "Disable change wallpaper" key, I was finally able to "un-ponch" myself.

Since I don't have my MCSE yet, this was a bit of a challenge, but here you can see what us IT guys do when we're not fixing your computer.... we're trying to get Erik Estrada off of our desktop telling us that we're gay, using microsoft systems engineer tricks to do so.

I'm still tring to figure out how to get back at my manager for this one.

I can't believe you didn't know GPedit.msc god you are so weak

Seriously! Ponched and "gpedited," I mean, i was pretty ponched and gayified for a week.

ACS, we have a job for you... pays about 30,000, but cost of living is the equivalent of eating out of a garbage can.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:38 pm

Isn't a Mojito a gay drink? :-b
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:59 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Isn't a Mojito a gay drink? :-b

NO!
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Minor League Skilz » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:30 am

Coppermine wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:Isn't a Mojito a gay drink? :-b

NO!

The pictures of Ponch must have confused him. ;-)
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:14 am

mojito is awwsome, i love that drink!
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby ThatDude » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:27 am

My woman loves mojitos, but I have a different favorite summertime beverage, the kamikaze. It's perfect for people who love lemonade that gets ya drunk.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:04 am

mojitos ;-D

but they sound too complicated to make at home (i'm lazy)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:08 am

I think the Mojito is a chick drink but they are pretty good. Ive made them with fresh mint leaves from my garden. I'll drink a Mojito but I'll stay away from the cosmo's which are total chick drinks.
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk