Delmon Young - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Delmon Young

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bcb » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:20 pm

I know he's unproven, but is it worth it for me to pick DYoung up in an 11 player keeper league? I'm trying to win out this year, and need DRoberts' SBs.

Drop Roberts and run with DYoung?

10 team/5x5/11-player keeper

C-VMart
1-Konerko
2- Cuddyer
SS-Kinsler
3-MCab
OF-Bay, CLee, Beltran
Util- Taveras
Bench- DRoberts
DL-Matsui, Weeks

SP-Oswalt, Peavy, Webb, Hamels, Jer. Weaver, Sheets
RP-Hoffman, Gordon, Saito, Issy, Wheeler
bcb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 536
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Minni

Postby jdsun1 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:56 pm

bcb wrote:I know he's unproven, but is it worth it for me to pick DYoung up in an 11 player keeper league? I'm trying to win out this year, and need DRoberts' SBs.

Drop Roberts and run with DYoung?

10 team/5x5/11-player keeper

C-VMart
1-Konerko
2- Cuddyer
SS-Kinsler
3-MCab
OF-Bay, CLee, Beltran
Util- Taveras
Bench- DRoberts
DL-Matsui, Weeks

SP-Oswalt, Peavy, Webb, Hamels, Jer. Weaver, Sheets
RP-Hoffman, Gordon, Saito, Issy, Wheeler


I think for a redraft its another question, but if he is still available then for a keeper hes a must have. He WILL get you SB by the way.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1075
Joined: 5 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fuj » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:09 am

is he worth dropping e encarnacion for?
fuj
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 177
Joined: 9 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Prooks25 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:43 am

If he is available in a keeper league, you better get on him ASAP.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1949
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Prooks25 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:45 am

kid sox wrote:
Prooks25 wrote:
kid sox wrote:If I had to drop BJ Upton to make a roster spot for Young, would that be something I should do?

Who else do you have? If you drop Upton now, you are gonna miss the best of him because he is heating up.


Al only league:
C: Posada
1B: Ortiz
2B: Loretta
SS: Jeter
3B: Youkilis
OF: V. Wells, C. Lee, Dye
Util: Sweeney
Bench: Punto, Upton
DL: Matusi

I don't think I have much deadwood here to drop for a guy who "might" be productive.

Sweeney sucks...and I dont see Punto keeping this up. The thing with Young is that, yeah, he could start out slow and not help you, but if he has a real chance to make or break your season with tremendous numbers down the stretch. He's worth the risk.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1949
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joselnceldran » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:24 am

i dont really follow tampa prospects so what can i expect from young? RBI? runs? SBs? does he have power? enlighten us ;-D
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1837
Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kid sox » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:57 am

Prooks25 wrote:
kid sox wrote:
Prooks25 wrote:
kid sox wrote:If I had to drop BJ Upton to make a roster spot for Young, would that be something I should do?

Who else do you have? If you drop Upton now, you are gonna miss the best of him because he is heating up.


Al only league:
C: Posada
1B: Ortiz
2B: Loretta
SS: Jeter
3B: Youkilis
OF: V. Wells, C. Lee, Dye
Util: Sweeney
Bench: Punto, Upton
DL: Matusi

I don't think I have much deadwood here to drop for a guy who "might" be productive.

Sweeney sucks...and I dont see Punto keeping this up. The thing with Young is that, yeah, he could start out slow and not help you, but if he has a real chance to make or break your season with tremendous numbers down the stretch. He's worth the risk.


I disagree that Sweeney sucks, another owner got fed up and dropped him after his last stint on the DL. I just picked him up and he has rewarded me by hitting .360 with 3 HRs, 10 RBI's and 18 total bases last week. I'll take that kind of suckage any week. Punto qualifies for 3 positions so he gives my team a viable backup player should one of my infielders get hurt or get the day off. I'm not sure how you can predict Punto won't keep it up, he's been hitting over .300 (with production) for almost 10-weeks now. Seems to me its more likely Punto keep it up for the final 5-weeks.
kid sox
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 230
Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:36 am

joselnceldran wrote:i dont really follow tampa prospects so what can i expect from young? RBI? runs? SBs? does he have power? enlighten us ;-D


All. Delmon young is considered a 5-tool player. His power has slowed in AAA, but most believe, inluding me, that was b/c the rays wanted him to focus in on plate discipline and not worry about hiting HR. This worked as he was hitting 347 and he loves to steal. It may take him some time to adjust to Major league pitching, but probably not long since he tore up ST this year.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 32)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby bloodface » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:04 pm

1st ML AB: HBP
3rd ML AB: HR
bloodface
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Posts: 716
Joined: 7 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby converge241 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:12 pm

im liking picking him up yesterday for duncan

too bad trade deadline passed a lot of angry/interested owners..oh well
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3190
(Past Year: 99)
Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Massachusetts

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Miami
(12:40 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at Milwaukee
(2:10 pm)
NY Mets at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Houston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Baltimore at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact