Movie Review: Pirates of the Caribbean 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Movie Review: Pirates of the Caribbean 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:18 pm

It was written a while ago that POTC2 was Depp's first sequel ever. They went on to mention that he was signed for the 3rd episode.

The only gripes I have seen were the running time as well as Bloom/Knightley being in this movie when the flick would have been great without them.

Depp rocks and can't do a bad film. Captain Jack Sparrow is an all-time classic movie character. Not to be taken seriously but an excellent portrayal.

Will be doing a matinee Sunday or Monday with the Mrs.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:31 pm

Pablo975 wrote:I worked with the crew as they rebuilt the Black Pearl and and the Bounty before filming. I also have one of the original prop pieces of "Aztec gold" from the chest in the first one. Cool stuff. I can't wait to see this.....good summer popcorn flicks are a good thing.

I wonder how much that could bring in if you looked to sell it. That is really cool though. ;-D
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:57 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:Depp rocks and can't do a bad film.

Did you see the remake of Willy Wonka? Talk about a WTF movie... 8-o
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:25 pm

Absolutely saw it. Last summer while vacationing near Bar Harbor. We were in a theatre that was 50% kids and it was whacked seeing the kids react each time the Oompah Loompahs came on to do their thing. The kids went nuts.

Depp did a great job making Wonka different than we were expecting.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby CadensDad » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:40 pm

Depp did a A plus job in this movie. Very good acting and really makes you look at other actors trying to be funny

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby squawkya24 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:42 pm

Caden's Dad 1,111 posts. I just thought that was noteworthy. Although when you respond to this it'll be 1,112. Nevermind it was a waste of time. :-b
Dark Horse of 2007: Seattle Mariners
Go M's!!
squawkya24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mbuser » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:55 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:I guess my problem is the non-stop action. Little is more boring to me than non-stop action.

that's exactly my take on this one. "i was bored by the non-stop action." i was asking how much longer it was about an hour before it was over. plus i can't stand the way kiera knightley flexes her nostrils every time she says something
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mak1277 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:52 pm

squawkya24 wrote:Some of the critics are bashing this one but I really don't see their logic.

More fuel for my personal theory that a bad review from a critic is good evidence that I will enjoy a movie.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby squawkya24 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:23 pm

mak1277 wrote:
squawkya24 wrote:Some of the critics are bashing this one but I really don't see their logic.

More fuel for my personal theory that a bad review from a critic is good evidence that I will enjoy a movie.

I agree mak. I'm aware of the critics opinions but, as in this case and many others, it usually doesn't mean I won't enjoy the movie.
Dark Horse of 2007: Seattle Mariners
Go M's!!
squawkya24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Laean » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:03 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:Depp rocks and can't do a bad film.

did you watch The Libertine? my girlfriend is in love with Johnny Depp and forced me to watch that meandering/pointless/WTF? with her. i dare you to tell me that depp can't do a bad film after watching that.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk