Movie Review: Pirates of the Caribbean 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Movie Review: Pirates of the Caribbean 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:34 am

CadensDad wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:Just saw the 2nd one, it was pretty good i thought. I don't really wanna ruin the movie for you, but i think there was a little too much running around, chasing this, chasing that. It felt like one of those old british movies where the cops go after the person, and then the person chases the cops, etc. But still id give it a 3.5 or a 4 out of 5.

Good solid review, too much action for my taste, still a very good movie and it leaves you hanging for the 3rd and finalpart. My only complaint is Davey Jones had no real tie ins with the 1st. but otherwise it's a solid movie and I love Johnny Depp as Capt Jack. I'll give it a 3.8 out of 5. I did love the speical effects and whatnot however.

Thats the part i didnt want to give up lol. :*) But maybe everyone knew there would be a 3rd... I didnt tho.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:40 am

I saw that the 3rd would shortly follow the 2nd on IMDb a while back, so I knew there would be a 3rd. I still haven't seen the original in full (or at least I didn't pay attention because I don't remember anything from it), but I have it on DVD so I'll watch it soon. I like Depp alot also, so that will add to it for me I think.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:48 am

I always wanted to get around to watching the first one because everyone said it was so good, but never did. It being summer, I think I'll go rent that one, and then go see this new one.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby CadensDad » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:52 am

I knew there was a 3rd a few months back. When they released the date for the 2nd they said the 3rd and final part would be out sometime in mid 07. I didnt really think that was a secret. I guess I might have slightly spoiled it. But it still desont take much away.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:13 pm

I am going to watch it tonight, so hopefully it will be as good as the first one.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:00 pm

Watched the first one earlier and refreshed my memory.. really liked it so I'll go and see the 2nd.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby squawkya24 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:42 pm

Some of the critics are bashing this one but I really don't see their logic. I thought it was a great summer movie. Big on action, maybe sometimes a little too big on silly humor but it's also directed towards kids and for the most part it was pretty funny. If you're just looking to relax and have a good time at the movies this one should do the trick. ;-D ;-D
Dark Horse of 2007: Seattle Mariners
Go M's!!
squawkya24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:03 pm

Keith Richards is in the 3rd one. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pablo975 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:22 pm

I worked with the crew as they rebuilt the Black Pearl and and the Bounty before filming. I also have one of the original prop pieces of "Aztec gold" from the chest in the first one. Cool stuff. I can't wait to see this.....good summer popcorn flicks are a good thing.

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:46 pm

Pablo975 wrote:I worked with the crew as they rebuilt the Black Pearl and and the Bounty before filming. I also have one of the original prop pieces of "Aztec gold" from the chest in the first one. Cool stuff. I can't wait to see this.....good summer popcorn flicks are a good thing.

That gold is cursed, you might want to get rid of it.
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk