What are the Angels going to do with Howie Kendricks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

What are the Angels going to do with Howie Kendricks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What are the Angels going to do with Howie Kendricks

Postby jebnasty » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:14 am

He is now wasting his time in AAA. It's not like the Angels are having that great a year.
jebnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hwiggen » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:01 pm

There's been a few rumors floating around about Figgins getting traded. Maybe we'll see Kendricks after the trade deadline.
hwiggen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby johnsamo » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:14 pm

The Angels organization has a tendency to stick with vets that are good "clubhouse guys" way past the point that they should. Adam Kennedy probaly couldn't start on the Royals, but in Anaheim, they put him out there everynight, and once in a blue moon, he has a 2 hit game, and this allows the Angels management to pretend he's coming around. It must take a monumental level of self delusion to not notice that he can't even get close to the Medoza line against lefties.

I mean, they still think Erstad is coming back and wil be the regular CF later this year. and they still have Salmon on the roster even though you can hear his knee bones grinding together when he walks. He's at best a good pinch hitter, but he can't play in the field at all and is in too bad a shape to DH regularly... In short, he's an anchor dragging the team down, but he's their kind of guy so he will use up that roster slot as long as he wants.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StuGotz » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:53 am

johnsamo wrote:The Angels organization has a tendency to stick with vets that are good "clubhouse guys" way past the point that they should. Adam Kennedy probaly couldn't start on the Royals, but in Anaheim, they put him out there everynight, and once in a blue moon, he has a 2 hit game, and this allows the Angels management to pretend he's coming around. It must take a monumental level of self delusion to not notice that he can't even get close to the Medoza line against lefties.

I mean, they still think Erstad is coming back and wil be the regular CF later this year. and they still have Salmon on the roster even though you can hear his knee bones grinding together when he walks. He's at best a good pinch hitter, but he can't play in the field at all and is in too bad a shape to DH regularly... In short, he's an anchor dragging the team down, but he's their kind of guy so he will use up that roster slot as long as he wants.

Yea, I just don't understand this thinking. Time to change it up, it's not working that great anyway.

Should I drop Hughes and get Kendrick for my minor league spot?
(I'm hoping Hughes gets traded for Soriano, then I get Soriano or an All-Star, only reason why I have him)
StuGotz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby johnsamo » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:11 pm

I haven't seen Kendrick play, all I know is he's hitting nearly 400 in AAA with decent power and Adam Kennedy is terrible.... Kennedy can't even get close to the Mendoza line aganst lefties and Kendrick is a right handed bat.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby madstork43 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:57 pm

he is efinately the angels second baseman of the fture. expect him to be an every day player next year.

on a similar note, i have been offered Joe Blanton and Fausto Carmona... would you guys trade those two players for Howie?

Thanks...
madstork43
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby johnsamo » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:50 pm

How deep is this league and how many keepers?

From what I hear and what the #s hint at is, Kendrick is gonna be a top 2b in the league very soon, Hit for a pretty high average, above average power for a 2b and above average speed. I always take minor league stats with a grain of salt though. The pitching skill is so much better in the show that I don't think you can predict a sure thing on minor league #s.

Here are the #s.... Keep in mind this league is mostly a pitcher parks league. so HR #s are usually suppressed. The only # that concerns me is the low # of walks compared to all the other #s, but they be just because he's hitting about all he sees and Minor league pitchers don't want walks on their record so they're not going to pitch around him even though he's the best hitter.

287 at bats
avg. 369
obp. 409

runs 56
HRs 13
RBIs 61
walks 12
Ks 48
SBs 11

Nobody else in the league has #s even close to this, so he is dominating the league.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rmande09 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:15 pm

madstork43 wrote:he is efinately the angels second baseman of the fture. expect him to be an every day player next year.

on a similar note, i have been offered Joe Blanton and Fausto Carmona... would you guys trade those two players for Howie?

Thanks...

Keep Howie.
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates