American Man - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

American Man

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:31 pm

We wouldn't be having this discussion if we stopped and realized we are the products of His noodley appendage....

If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:36 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
Madison wrote:Where did I tell you to leave the country in this thread? Show me. I said people have the option of leaving (which is true), but where did I say that you should leave? Yet another pathetic attempt of yours to put words in my mouth, and quite frankly you're only making yourself look bad when you pull crap like this.

I already covered this, but it is a fact that if you're born into this country and do not agree with what it stands for, and was founded on, no one is forcing you to stay. Plenty of other countries out there that you're free to go to, and free to suggest that they change their policies, practices, and standards to meet what you want, or think is acceptable.

Tell you what. Try and stick to the topic of discussion. You say that the country was founded on God. I say it wasn't.

You offered as proof a 50 year old pledge. I offer the Constitution.

You offer as proof a 50 year old motto (http://www.ustreas.gov/education/fact-s ... rust.shtml)

If you don't have any proof, you're no good to me. Like I tell my students, you can't prove anything without actual proof.

And I'd appreciate it if you could keep the personal attacks to a minimum.

You attacked me first with a boldface lie 8-o ! Of course I'm going to fire back. You know that, and it's exactly why you attacked me first. You want this to get personal because you have zero legs to stand on as far as proof. This country was founded with a belief in God (among other things), you know that (as does anyone with an ounce of common sense), and you cannot disprove it, which is why you'd rather fire off attacks and insults. It's laughable. :-b

Oh, and as to what you quoted, if you cannot realize that the "if you're born into" is a generalization of "you" meaning all people born into this country, then you're not nearly as bright as I give you credit for. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:46 pm

Madison wrote:You attacked me first with a boldface lie 8-o ! Of course I'm going to fire back. You know that, and it's exactly why you attacked me first. You want this to get personal because you have zero legs to stand on as far as proof. This country was founded with a belief in God (among other things), you know that (as does anyone with an ounce of common sense), and you cannot disprove it, which is why you'd rather fire off attacks and insults. It's laughable. :-b

Oh, and as to what you quoted, if you cannot realize that the "if you're born into" is a generalization of "you" meaning all people born into this country, then you're not nearly as bright as I give you credit for. :-b

Forget it. I'm done with you. You clearly don't understand the idea of evidence. In the discussion re: minimum wage you didn't give any proof. You just kept saying "nuh-uh." You're doing the same thing here. You keep saying this country was founded to include God in our government but give no proof. Proof!

I told no lies. Maybe I was wrong and you didn't mean that I should leave the country. But it wasn't a lie. It's a difference of interpretation.

But let me say this: If you believe that this country was founded on God, you need to take another history course.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 5 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:50 pm

Sure, to a certain degree, this country was founded by people with a belief in God but the government was structured to protect against tyranny of the majority.

Any way you break it down, this isn't an attack on Chrisitianity or a war on Christmas as O'Reilly wants people to believe.

Again, God himself isn't being removed from anything.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:53 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Forget it. I'm done with you. You clearly don't understand the idea of evidence. In the discussion re: minimum wage you didn't give any proof. You just kept saying "nuh-uh." You're doing the same thing here. You keep saying this country was founded to include God in our government but give no proof. Proof!

I showed all kinds of evidence in the minimum wage discussion, you just choose what to see and what to ignore, so I knew not to waste my time with you in this one.

AA wrote:I told no lies. Maybe I was wrong and you didn't mean that I should leave the country. But it wasn't a lie. It's a difference of interpretation.

Interpretation? Now that's funny. :-b Believe what you want man, if you're too full of yourself to apologize for not using a teeny tiny amount of common sense, that's your problem. It's no skin off my nose. :-b

AA wrote:But let me say this: If you believe that this country was founded on God, you need to take another history course.

And if you believe the founding fathers did not believe in God, and did not want God to be a part of this country, you should take your own advice. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Met_Threat » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:00 pm

This got off topic fast.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:11 pm

After reading through much of this nonsense I must apologize for some of my comments to AA.

I am sorry, AA, that I ever viewed you as a rational individual. If I ever gave you the impression that I took your opinions as logical, I apologize.

It won't happen again.

Kudos, as usual, to Madison for sticking to his guns. It's difficult to have a civilized discussion with someone who loves to read what they type and listen to themselves talk instead of considering other points of views.

God Bless America...and AA.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:35 pm

Are you kidding me? What, exactly, was irrational? Where I insisted that if I'm in an argument that my opponent should counter with proof instead of just saying "Nuh-uh?"

In trying to keep this civil, I'm not going to respond to the other tripe you typed, but I'd appreciate an apology.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:02 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Are you kidding me? What, exactly, was irrational? Where I insisted that if I'm in an argument that my opponent should counter with proof instead of just saying "Nuh-uh?"

In trying to keep this civil, I'm not going to respond to the other tripe you typed, but I'd appreciate an apology.

Why should anyone waste their time trying to change your mind when we all know you cannot see anything other than what you want to see?

I proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that your sig is worthless, yet you continue to sport it.

Waste of time to try to show you anything resembling basic common sense, so why bother doing it again? I know it's nothing more than a waste of my time, so I've got more important things to do then play this dumb game.

Not to mention the lack of an apology for the boldface lie and accusation you made up out of thin air. You'd rather dance around it instead of stepping up, being a man, and admitting you screwed up, and attacked first for absolutey no reason and with zero foundation. Funny how you want an apology from someone who sees through you, but can't man up enough to give one of your own when you were clearly in the wrong. ;-7
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:36 am

Madison,

This is the last thing I'm saying to you- period. You proved nothing about my signature because you offered no proof. You gave your opinion. But I stopped arguing with you because I've been here long enough to know that you refuse to see reason.

Do you remember the thread where you insisted that if you are at a baseball game you never look away from the action for even one second? I think you were trying to prove that people whose kids get hurt by a foul are to blame for not being vigilant enough. I don't remember that exactly. But what I do remember is that you insisted that you never, under any circumstances, look away for even one second.

Then and there I realized the folly in arguing with you. You refuse, in the light of overwhelming evidence, to reconsider your opinion. You look for facts to fit your opinion - you refuse to base your opinion on facts.

And now you've turned this thread into a worthless pile. Lock it up.

To simplify this for you, here is the crux of your argument:

This country was founded with a belief in God (among other things), you know that (as does anyone with an ounce of common sense), and you cannot disprove it, which is why you'd rather fire off attacks and insults.

Of course I can't disprove it. You can't disprove something that doesn't mean anything. It was founded with a belief in God? What, exactly, does that mean? What are you trying to say?

To make my point a bit more clear, try and disprove this: "Elvis Presley is the greatest musician in history." Or this one: "The United States became the greatest country in the world because of the Separation of Church and State, the most brilliant government decision in history." Disprove either. Go ahead.

This is why I kept asking you to deal in facts. You refused, just like in the minimum wage discussion, and then you claim you win, with an air of condescension. It's unbecoming. We truly are poorer for having lost Arlo.

Madison wrote:The pitching got better? I can't help but laugh at that. Replace Mulder/Hudson with two kids and people actually believe their pitching got better.....Lol. Sorry, just humerous to me. Had Zito been one of the two traded, then I might say there was an argument to be made that just maybe they actually did get better, but you're talking about replacing their #1 and #2 starters with kids. I think only my Rangers could replace their #1 and #2 starters with kids and actually wind up with a better rotation. Lol.

You're right about the Angels starting pitching. It's not that good. Colon will rebound some, but they still need some help. Anderson is back, so losing Guillen shouldn't be that big of a deal. They also have Finley now. The offense is there, it's just a matter of their starting pitching. It should be good enough to win them the division though.

The A's starting pitching improved this offseason.......haha......*walks away chuckling*.....
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk