Fastest Street Legal Production Car - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Fastest Street Legal Production Car

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:42 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Flamin Geo Metro

0-60 in 1.2 seconds when falling off a cliff

Sweet new car ACS ;-D

I think your new car is on fire acs.

I wish it was mine but note the Texas license plate. Obviously I would never evern step foot in a car with a texas license plate.

Is that Madison's car?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:50 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Flamin Geo Metro

0-60 in 1.2 seconds when falling off a cliff

Sweet new car ACS ;-D

I think your new car is on fire acs.

I wish it was mine but note the Texas license plate. Obviously I would never evern step foot in a car with a texas license plate.

Is that Madison's car?

No gun rack. Can't be Madison's.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:56 pm

So I spent 5 minutes trying to find a picture of the cycle things from the movie "Tron" and use it to say "This is Madison's real car" but, I can't even find one.

Stupid copywriting...
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Fastest Street Legal Production Car

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:22 am

WhiteHot wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:I'll nominate the 2006 Corvette Z06.

0-60: 3.6 (0-62mph)
1/4 mile: 11.7
Top speed: 198

First of all, you can't "nominate" the fastest production cars. They can be measured. I can nominate a Saturn Ion...but it doesn't mean anything.

Second, I'm not sure where you are getting that 0-60 time from. Automobile Mag did 0-60 on it and got 4.1, R&T got 4.2, Autoweek couldn't get it under 5 seconds. Not sure where the 3.6(!) is coming from. I saw Car and Driver showed 3.6, but their 5-60 was 4.3? Something fishy with Car and Driver considering every other magazine wasn't even close to that fast of a 0-60.

Third, the Ford GT is faster in all (0-60, 1/4 mile, and top speed).

See that's the thing, different organizations test cars and come up with different results. I have my sources. I've worked in the industry, that's all I can tell you. That and everything performs differently under different conditions, especially when the acutal cars being tested are different, with different drivers working for companies with agendas. Chevy has release no official times as far as I'm concerned, what they have guaranteed is the Z06 will do:

0-60 in the mid 3s
1/4 mile in the mid 11s
a top speed near 200

If they don't meet that, which they have no reason to claim otherwise as the Vette is already the $ per $ faster car period, their image is tarnished more than not producing a car so capable.

WhiteHot don't be a pretentious d!k, you have other sources claiming other numbers. That’s great, now how about doing something productive with them? I knew these discrepancies would happen. I was looking for others to rise above this he said he said isht and get to the nitty gritty. Sorta like what the café is known for in the fantasy baseball world.

Back to nominations. I have respect for many of the older American muscle cars listed, but as far as I know most of them they weren't produced street legal and at the rate I specified. If someone can prove me wrong, well that's what I'm after. I hope you can see what I'm visualizing here. I want to know what the fastest car available to the general public is, not a limited production supercar or mod. I think it's the Vette, but I want to know for sure. Why don't I know for sure? Because even carbuffs argue about it and don't have a one car they mostly all agree on.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby fezzik » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:01 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
WhiteHot wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:I'll nominate the 2006 Corvette Z06.

0-60: 3.6 (0-62mph)
1/4 mile: 11.7
Top speed: 198

First of all, you can't "nominate" the fastest production cars. They can be measured. I can nominate a Saturn Ion...but it doesn't mean anything.

Second, I'm not sure where you are getting that 0-60 time from. Automobile Mag did 0-60 on it and got 4.1, R&T got 4.2, Autoweek couldn't get it under 5 seconds. Not sure where the 3.6(!) is coming from. I saw Car and Driver showed 3.6, but their 5-60 was 4.3? Something fishy with Car and Driver considering every other magazine wasn't even close to that fast of a 0-60.

Third, the Ford GT is faster in all (0-60, 1/4 mile, and top speed).

See that's the thing, different organizations test cars and come up with different results. I have my sources. I've worked in the industry, that's all I can tell you. That and everything performs differently under different conditions, especially when the acutal cars being tested are different, with different drivers working for companies with agendas. Chevy has release no official times as far as I'm concerned, what they have guaranteed is the Z06 will do:

0-60 in the mid 3s
1/4 mile in the mid 11s
a top speed near 200

If they don't meet that, which they have no reason to claim otherwise as the Vette is already the $ per $ faster car period, their image is tarnished more than not producing a car so capable.

WhiteHot don't be a pretentious d!k, you have other sources claiming other numbers. That’s great, now how about doing something productive with them? I knew these discrepancies would happen. I was looking for others to rise above this he said he said isht and get to the nitty gritty. Sorta like what the café is known for in the fantasy baseball world.

Back to nominations. I have respect for many of the older American muscle cars listed, but as far as I know most of them they weren't produced street legal and at the rate I specified. If someone can prove me wrong, well that's what I'm after. I hope you can see what I'm visualizing here. I want to know what the fastest car available to the general public is, not a limited production supercar or mod. I think it's the Vette, but I want to know for sure. Why don't I know for sure? Because even carbuffs argue about it and don't have a one car they mostly all agree on.

You're the one coming off as pretentious..."I have my sources" :-b ..."I work in the industry, and that's all I can tell you" :-? ...you sound kind of silly to me...anyway, my vote goes to the 1999 Porsche 911 GT1:

0-60 = 3.4
1/4 mile = 10.9

But I'd take the Ford GT over either the Corvette or the Porsche...I love it's lines...and it's numbers are still right there:

0-60 = 3.6
1/4 mile = 11.78
;-D
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:28 pm

fezzik wrote:You're the one coming off as pretentious..."I have my sources" :-b ..."I work in the industry, and that's all I can tell you" :-? ...you sound kind of silly to me...anyway, my vote goes to the 1999 Porsche 911 GT1:

0-60 = 3.4
1/4 mile = 10.9

But I'd take the Ford GT over either the Corvette or the Porsche...I love it's lines...and it's numbers are still right there:

0-60 = 3.6
1/4 mile = 11.78
;-D

I know what you're saying. If you take that for face value sure, but I say that because I can't prove it in the way people would want it to be proven. You can't replace snake oil.

Good nomination.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to General Talk