CHIPPER - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

CHIPPER

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CHIPPER

Postby Guzman24 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:53 am

Is he coming on lately or what? He's raised his avg 30pts in the last week and a half.

Should've put him in my lineup this week :~(
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jt787 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:07 am

yeah he's definitely on a hot streak. I think the allstar break will be a good time for chipper to heal that foot injury and reduce the pain a lil bit. But im looking for a huge 2nd half from him
jt787
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hwiggen » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:06 pm

I'm thinking just the opposite.
With the Braves falling from contention I could see Jones missing a lot of playing time toward the end of the year. His foot problems are considered "chronic".

That's my (possibly) over-cautious view of an aging player with bad feet. We'll see if he proves me wrong.
hwiggen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Hobbes » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:57 pm

He's played better after the break for the past few seasons, so it isn't unlikely he will do the same this year. He missed a bit of time with a wrenched ankle earlier this year and I believe it was affecting his hitting when he came back, not allowing him to hit with his customary power.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him put up another great second half. At 34 he is aging, and his "great" second halves aren't as "great" as they used to be, but he is hardly old.
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hooligan1 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:15 am

I just picked him up after dropping Ensberg in my main league, so I hope he's getting back on track and can stay healthy. I also think the ASB will be good for him and you never know, perhaps the Braves will put on a late season charge to try and snag the wild card and he'll be getting lot's of playing time and important hits...... Fingers crossed.
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby Mreater71 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:28 am

I never count the braves out. They always seem to find someway in the second half to come back. And the Mets didn't have a very strong end before the ASB, which it could mean that they are going of track; we'll see. But I agree that Chipper comes back strong in the second half; he's done it the past few seasons. With him coming back strong and his experience, the rest of the team will follow his leadership.
Mreater71
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates