12th out of 18 teams, how do I make the playoffs? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

12th out of 18 teams, how do I make the playoffs? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12th out of 18 teams, how do I make the playoffs? WHIR

Postby Airzoom32 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:27 pm

I am currently 12th out of 18 teams and just cannot seem to make any kind of run. I think this team has the ability to compete but for some reason just can't get anything going. Any help would be great, I am struggling to figure out what I need to do.

18-Team H2H 7X7 (R,HR,RBI,SB,K,AVG,OPS / W,L,K,SV,HLD,ERA,WHIP)

C (1) - M. Barrett
1B (1) - Thome
2B (1) - M. Lowell
3B (1) - G. Atkins
SS (1) - B. Crosby
OF (3) - J. Bay, K. Griffey Jr, C. Patterson
UTL(1) - A. Huff
Bench - J. Lopez, M. Jacobs

SP (2) - S. Kazmir, J. Santana
RP (2) - B. Lidge, M. Gonzalez
P (2) - S. Shields, L. Kensing
Bench - E. Bedard, J. Patterson
DL - Sheets
Airzoom32
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby whoson1st0 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:01 pm

That seems to be a pretty good team for an 18 team leaguem, although it is a pretty small roster. Hard to believe you are so low in the standings though. Are you 12th in POINTS or 12th in your H2H W/L record?

Also, where do you rank among your categories? Where do you currently need the most help?

I think I would do is put Bedard back in your lineup in place of Kensing. I'm thinking he'll help you in more cats than Kensing will. Try to see what value you can get for a player like corey patterson (it might not be worth trading him but you never know) to address holes elsewhere.

----
http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... ?p=1771974
whoson1st0
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 45)

Postby Airzoom32 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:10 pm

I am actually 12th in W/L. As far as the categories....I was struggling most with pitching categories until I made a move to get Santana two weeks ago. I sent Wright/Putz/Rowand and got Santana/Atkins/Lowell back. I just don't understand how I seem to just barely lose nearly EVERY category week in and week out. As far as Bedard we are able to make daily roster changes so I get him into the starting lineup when he has a start, and Kensing is able to pick up holds for me.
Airzoom32
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby whoson1st0 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:34 pm

I am 2nd place in overall points in my league and yet my W/L record is also very low. I think it's a lot of BAD LUCK and sadly that's one thing you can't fix in a trade :-b
whoson1st0
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 45)

Postby jmlevy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:40 pm

I too, agree that you have yourself a pretty good team for such a large team. the fact of the matter is that you have 4 starters active. you have a good squad of hitters, and i think that in h2h leagues, bench hitters are less important than bench pitchers. you have 4 pitchers who start, and assuming that all 4 have 2 starts that week, you are pulling down 8 starts. santana wins both of his, Kazmir SHOULD win both, and bedard go 1-1 each. This is by far a best case scenario. You are probably pulling down 3-6 wins each week, which is not enough to win pitching categories. With thome and huff, jacobs is expendable. and quite frankly, i dont like either barrett or javy. However, Javy is definately expendable as barrett has been consistent this year. Drop those two for 2 solid starters. Also, im pretty sure that you can get a better setup man than kensing. he has been ok, but look for a zumaya, wainwright, carmona, etc. even picking up a player who is #2 as far as closing goes, you might cash in if he starts closing

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=225288
jmlevy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team