Morgan Ensberg? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Morgan Ensberg?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Morgan Ensberg?

Postby lordoftheswing s » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:15 am

Is this guy playing hurt or just slumping horribly...I can't find anything on him

Thanx
lordoftheswing s
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Starkmadfan » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:19 am

Ensberg has been battling right shoulder problems of late and has been missing his power stroke. It's been a horrible month for anybody owning starting Ensberg (and there's one in every league that uses NL players). Still, he has the potential to be a Fantasy stud, so it's hard to bench him unless you have a quality replacement already on hand.

That's from Sportsline.

All I know is that he is walking alot lately - I think he's averaging 2 BBs a game - which is nice, but that's not why I drafted him.

There is a thread on him in Baseball Leftovers I think - someone posted his Post ASB stats - they weren't that impressive. I am giving him just a few more weeks myself to see if he improves.
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rentz » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:22 am

yeah, his lack of production is killing me, and its very tempting to drop him because aramis ramierez is sitting on my fa wire... very tempting indeed
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Hobbes » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:29 am

Yeah, Ensberg is killing me. His walks aren't really resulting in a lot of runs scored since he has been dropped in the lineup, so until he starts hitting instead of walking, his fantasy numbers are still crap.

He was on fire the first month of the season so it is hard to believe he just totally lost it and won't get it back. I'm being patient, especially since I have no bench room and the wire options are nothing special anyway. He doesn't have much trade value either while mired in this spectacular slump.

I really hope he comes around soon. Perhaps after the All-Star break he'll be refocused (hope, hope).

rentz wrote:yeah, his lack of production is killing me, and its very tempting to drop him because aramis ramierez is sitting on my fa wire... very tempting indeed

I wish Ramirez was available on my wire. That surely would be very tempting.
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dissent » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:42 pm

Yeah, this has been the ugliest slump I've faced all year. I've since picked up Mike Lamb who has 3B eligibility and plugged him in there until Ensberg starts heating up again. I think it'll happen, but there's no telling when. He's always been streaky, but I don't think he's ever been at this much of a low.
dissent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby mariahthepariah » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:48 am

I have been trying to trade him casually for about 3 weeks. Now, I am working those phone lines like crazy trying to ship him off my team. I just straight up drop him in a 6-man league and got A-Ram. I am close to trading him I think, but if it doesn't happen I may consider just dropping him in bigger leagues.
mariahthepariah
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jdsun1 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:48 am

mariahthepariah wrote:I have been trying to trade him casually for about 3 weeks. Now, I am working those phone lines like crazy trying to ship him off my team. I just straight up drop him in a 6-man league and got A-Ram. I am close to trading him I think, but if it doesn't happen I may consider just dropping him in bigger leagues.

Someone just picked up Zimmerman after I was eyeing him so who knows what I am going to do now. Those walks are only good for one category.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dundeeslugger » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:26 am

Is Cuddyer out there?

I picked him up to play and he's not dissappointed
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby dissent » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:18 pm

2-3 with a dinger tonight. Could he be out of it?
dissent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Hobbes » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:05 am

dissent wrote:2-3 with a dinger tonight. Could he be out of it?

He had good career numbers against Marquis going into the game (10 for 24, 2 HR), so I was hoping for a good night. The homer was a bonus.

One good game is not enough to make me believe he is out of it, but I am hoping!
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates