Investment opportunity! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Investment opportunity!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:51 pm

I've been mining mostly veldspar and pyroxus (sp?) and getting 10,000+ ISK per cargohold after refinement.

Right now I'm learning Amarr frigate III so I can get a Punisher but most of my skills have been in learning.

Pyroxeres is good too. Veldspar is probably not worth your time. If you can find omber, that is the best mineral to mine without going into low security space. Big if though. Oh and use cargo expanders on your mining ship if you can.

Soon you'll have several ships at your disposal. The Punisher is a good combat frigate. Tormentor is a cheap good mining frigate. Once you're done training frigates, I would recommend skipping destroyers and heading straight to cruisers. Maller is the best combat cruiser. I doubt you'll have the 7 million isk for the Maller right away, so if you will take a loan I'd be happy to help.

I'm using the Tormentor now. How do the cargo expanders work? Do I just install them and the cargo capacity expands or do I need to move things from my cargohold into the expanders.?
Last edited by Pogotheostrich on Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:03 pm

Yup, just install them and your hold gets bigger.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:42 am

My Amarr Cruiser III skill comes due tonight and I've got 15 million ISK in the bank. I will soon be the proud owner of a Maller. :-D

Still no corp. I'm seeing how things are on my own. Mining got old really fast so I've been doing missions and recently trading. Trading mostly to pay the bills. I can make anywhere from 300K ISK to 600K ISK per trade in 4 jumps or less. When most of my missions are usually paying less than 100K that is pretty good.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:10 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:My Amarr Cruiser III skill comes due tonight and I've got 15 million ISK in the bank. I will soon be the proud owner of a Maller. :-D

Still no corp. I'm seeing how things are on my own. Mining got old really fast so I've been doing missions and recently trading. Trading mostly to pay the bills. I can make anywhere from 300K ISK to 600K ISK per trade in 4 jumps or less. When most of my missions are usually paying less than 100K that is pretty good.

Nice! Want to know a neat trick to increase cargo capacity? Put some Giant Secure Containers in your cargo hold. They take up 3000 m3 space but can hold 3900 m3 cargo.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:13 am

Almost 3 months in. My wife hates this game. :-D
I've joined a corp and moved to 0.0 space. I've got a brand new Prophecy and make lots of ISK killing rats, even more ISK selling the loot. :-D I've been concentrating on my learning, engineering and mechanic skills so far but I'm going to concentrate on some combat skills for a while. ;-D ;-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bleach168 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:48 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Almost 3 months in. My wife hates this game. :-D
I've joined a corp and moved to 0.0 space. I've got a brand new Prophecy and make lots of ISK killing rats, even more ISK selling the loot. :-D I've been concentrating on my learning, engineering and mechanic skills so far but I'm going to concentrate on some combat skills for a while. ;-D ;-D

Who did you join?
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:11 pm

bleach168 wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:Almost 3 months in. My wife hates this game. :-D

Who did you join?

Brotherhood of Shadows. They are part of Imperial Order.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bleach168 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:52 am

Flash forward six months:

Interstellar Starbase Syndicate (ISS) is under attack. Today, thousands of combat pilots from various alliances joined forces to achieve one goal - the complete and total extermination of ISS. All six ISS outposts are being sieged and traffic in and out has been halted save for a few ISS convoys trying to run the blockades. ISS Navy has tried to fend off the attackers but they are only equipped to handle small time pirates, not the combined forces of 10 alliances.

How did this come to be? Afterall, ISS is just a neutral, industrial alliance concerned with making money and not wars. How could so many mega alliances who represent over 10k players pick on a peaceful alliance like ISS? Well, the problem is that the game of Eve Online is built upon player interaction. Everytime you buy or sell something, you're doing it with another player. Their daily actions, be it trading, building, or mining affect the free markets galaxy wide. Even through the act of choosing who can and cannot dock at their stations prevent ISS from being truly neutral. ISS has stepped on too many toes and their neighbors seek compensation.

Weeks ago, ISS thought they solved the problem by hiring every merc in the galaxy to attack their enemies. The mercs were quite successful and threatened to elimate ISS's problems forever. Based on rumors that ISS command had issued orders for the extermination of IAC (ISS's chief rival), IAC's many allies threatened to intervene. The mercs immediately pulled out of the war amidst accusations of being cowardly and only concerned with their own wallet. Later on, some of the mercs did return only to fight on IAC's side. How typical.

Now, ISS stands alone outnumbered 6 to 1 against combat alliances. The end seems inevitable and the stockholders are in a panic. But there is one last hope... Band of Brothers, the undisputed most powerful alliance in the game, is still sitting on the sidelines.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:04 pm

It is funny. 4 weeks ago IAC was on the ropes and looked like they were done and then IAC's allies showed up and ISS's mercs went home. When the writing was on the wall that ISS's outposts were all going to be lost everyone wanted in on the opportunity.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bleach168 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:50 am

From what I've heard, this was in the planning stages for months. That's why when ISS offered back the F4R station in exchange for peace, IAC laughed in their face. D2 however wasn't included in the invasion plans until the last second.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games