Nice Job Eric Byrnes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nice Job Eric Byrnes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nice Job Eric Byrnes

Postby MightyMets » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:41 am

long time reader..first time poster but this guy has been ridiculous recently for WW fodder especially in 12 team leagues. Above average in all 5 categories and showing no signs of slowing up. Granted in no way is he a "BJ RYAN" but he definetly deserves props.
maybe a 300/80/25/80/25 year which is very hard to find.
MightyMets
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:43 am

i think this is more of a "cheer" (wouldnt you agree?) i think this should be in the cheering/venting section....

that said eric byrnes is VERY streaky and is tough to own in h2h leagues. in roto, hes a nice "platoon" player you can mess around with during streaks

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MightyMets » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:46 am

ok im new to what belongs where

my question is do any of you think a 30 yr old in his 3rd-4th real year of playing can blossom into the stats i put up above? Arizona much nice ballpark than Oakland and he's in that period where hitters become studs just started a little late. So does anyone think he is a top 25 OF which those numbers would make him?
MightyMets
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:54 am

the problem is he goes on a crazy hot streak and when he cools down, its quick and those who pick him too late up are wondering why he isnt performing. also, because he isnt very good against righties, he platoons with davannon and sits a lot of games. i guess if you have a spot, you can spot start him against lefties.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby garf112 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:11 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:the problem is he goes on a crazy hot streak and when he cools down, its quick and those who pick him too late up are wondering why he isnt performing. also, because he isnt very good against righties, he platoons with davannon and sits a lot of games. i guess if you have a spot, you can spot start him against lefties.

He absolutely destroys lefties. He has been hitting pretty well against righties this year, too. .271-9-24 in 170 ABs.

He also showed this ability with Oakland in 2003 and 2004. He stole 17 bases with the A's. (That must be some Billy Beane-era record.) Last year, he was swapped all around the league.

I'd say .290-80-25-70-20 is not outlandish.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby free » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:55 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i think this is more of a "cheer" (wouldnt you agree?) i think this should be in the cheering/venting section....

don't you have anything else better to do :-? probably not judging by your sig :-t
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SwisherSweet » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:59 pm

In the past, Byrnes has been streaky.....although this year he has been very much consistant. He has been playing everyday as of late, and been hitting all pitching and playing great CF. WE rememner his all star year in Oakland, and he has the tools to be an excellent day in-day out option. I own him in a 12 team dynasty league, and he has made me smile..........
SwisherSweet
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers