Manny Ramirez Injury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Manny Ramirez Injury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Manny Ramirez Injury

Postby FantasyStud852 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:27 am

A Rotowire update read.....

"Jul 5 Ramirez will not participate in next week's All-Star Game because of a sore knee, the Boston Globe reports.
Recommendation: This is the type of knee injury that's often cited when manager Terry Francona wants to give Ramirez a day off or pull the left fielder from one-sided games. Ramirez has played in 77 of 81 games, so we don't feel this recent news should raise alarm bells. This will be the third All-Star Game Ramirez has not played in because of an injury."

With this in mind, and Manny Ramirez on my team, should i consider trading ramirez before this becomes more serious, or should i hold on to him, and not worry about it?
FantasyStud852
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Big Train » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:35 am

This has been a problem for some time now. It's not really news except in the context of next week's all-star game. Otherwise, it probably wouldn't even be mentioned. He's been given periodic days off this year to rest it, so the all-star break gives him the chance to rest it a bit more. It obviously hasn't affected his production. Nothing to worry about IMHO. I have him and won't trade him.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Manny Ramirez Injury

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:50 am

FantasyStud852 wrote:With this in mind, and Manny Ramirez on my team, should i consider trading ramirez before this becomes more serious, or should i hold on to him, and not worry about it?

DRAFT TRADE KEEPER FORUM! dont clog up other forums!

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates