Anyone ever gone to the Legends/Futures game? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anyone ever gone to the Legends/Futures game?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone ever gone to the Legends/Futures game?

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:20 pm

My wife is offering to get us tickets to the Legends/Futures game since I said I'd really like to go see it. I was wondering if anyone's ever gone to one of these and could answer a couple questions...

1) Is it worth a 4 hour drive to go to this event? It sounds like something really cool to get to see and this is about as close as it's likely to get to my town unless they decide to give Cincinnati an all-star game but I'd love to hear what other people that have gone thought of the experience.

2) We'd be bringing a 6 year old girl and two 2 year old boys. Is it going to be too nuts there with the all of the all-star festivities for the boys?
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:31 pm

Never been myself. But it sounds like a lot of fun.

From my experience, young children do not handle baseball + hot weather well. I took my son, he was 4 at the time, to CWS game here in town and he was ready to leave before the opening pitch. If it's hot, I wouldn't go through the trouble, but if the weather's nice, it sounds like a great time.

Do you have 2-year old twins?! !+) :-o :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:43 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Do you have 2-year old twins?! !+) :-o :-D

Yep, 2-year old twins. :) The first year is hell (of which my wife unfortunately had to bear the brunt since they were exclusively breast-fed)...after that there's nothing better than having twins!

I think you're right about the heat. Personally I didn't think they'd handle the game well period...I wouldn't think it would be like your typical Pirates game (ie nobody there). It's going to be CROWDED. I will say the boys did really well at Disney World back in December but they're a bit older now and those 7 months from 1 year 8 months to 2 years 3 months don't necessarily help kids deal with crowds better...I think they do worse at that age since they're more aware of things going on around them. Toss in 83 degree weather and you've got a recipe for disaster.

Maybe my wife can find a babysitter. :-? I'm not going to ask though...I just appreciate she was even thinking about it at all. If she goes that extra mile then that just raises the level of appreciation even more. :)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to General Talk