catchers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

catchers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

catchers

Postby brianj29 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:10 pm

i would rather have florida catcher he has other position elig.
brianj29
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1271
Joined: 7 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: catchers

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:23 pm

brianj29 wrote:i would rather have florida catcher he has other position elig.


what? :-?
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8769
(Past Year: 406)
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: catchers

Postby Red Sox Nation » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:40 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
brianj29 wrote:i would rather have florida catcher he has other position elig.


what? :-?


He's talking about Josh Willingham. The problem is that in real life, he plays LF more.
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 387
Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby duckmonkey » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:22 pm

I know who he's talking about. I just don't know what he's saying, or why he's making a statement like that. He'd rather have Willingham to what? Fruit Loops? Barbara Streisand? A colon cleansing?

There's no problem (for this year) with him playing OF more, he has his position elitibility for the rest of the year and he's a great backup for Varitek on my team, since Tek sits for Wakefield and occasionally other days too. With Varitek, you almost have to have a backup catcher but carrying someone with catcher-only eligibility is a waste.

Willingham is great to have.

Still...what's the point of the first post?
duckmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 268
Joined: 11 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Sox Nation » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:05 pm

duckmonkey wrote:I know who he's talking about. I just don't know what he's saying, or why he's making a statement like that. He'd rather have Willingham to what? Fruit Loops? Barbara Streisand? A colon cleansing?

There's no problem (for this year) with him playing OF more, he has his position elitibility for the rest of the year and he's a great backup for Varitek on my team, since Tek sits for Wakefield and occasionally other days too. With Varitek, you almost have to have a backup catcher but carrying someone with catcher-only eligibility is a waste.

Willingham is great to have.

Still...what's the point of the first post?


I dunno. Does seem pointless.
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 387
Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:25 pm

My guess is that the OP meant to post this in reply to another thread but accidentally posted it as a new thread.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby Mashug » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:57 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:My guess is that the OP meant to post this in reply to another thread but accidentally posted it as a new thread.


I hope so.
Mashug
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 597
Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Boston at Toronto
(12:37 pm)
Texas at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
San Francisco at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact