Thoughts on my amatuer entry draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Thoughts on my amatuer entry draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on my amatuer entry draft

Postby cubbies1 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:19 pm

i am just about finished with my amatuer entry draft.. i have a couple of question i traded 2 of my prospects in order to get some more picks in this draft. i traded donald veal and tommy mendoza for another guys 1st 2nd and 3rd round picks with those picks i selected Jeremy Jeffress, Kyler Burke, and Cedric Hunter. I also cut Brian Bruney and selected Jordan Walden. what do you think of those two moves

and up to this point in the draft(i have one pick remaining) i have taken
Jeffress, Colten Willems, Burke, Lars Anderson, Hunter, and Walden, what are you thoughts on these guys. do they have potential to make a major impact in the majors if/when they get there.
cubbies1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rmande09 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:09 pm

Looks like you went with a bunch of high schoolers. I'm a fan of Jeffress, Williams, and Anderson, but they all have a LONG way to go before making the majors, and we all know how hit or miss high schoolers can be.

Jeffress is the best pick of the group.

No college guys available?
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cubbies1 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:07 pm

well i went with higher upside guys. there were college players but i didnt really need the help that soon. it is a dynasty leauge and next year i will only have 4 vacated roster spots, two or 3 will get filled with minor leauge callups for next year(delmon young, adam jones, humberto sanchez?) So i just went after guys that could take longer to develop but might end up with more fantasy value than those older college players... i always picked late in all the rounds so there werent any of those stud college players (miller, longoria, Scherzer, lincecum) when my picks came around in the first round.
cubbies1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Minor League & College Baseball