Drop Luis Rivas or Pokey Reese - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Drop Luis Rivas or Pokey Reese

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop Luis Rivas or Pokey Reese

Postby Second&Long » Thu Apr 25, 2002 2:59 pm

Wouldn't you know, I drafted Rivas, 1st game out....DL. (2 more weeks) So I pick up Reese and guess what....DL (2 weeks). I'm going to pick up( Spivey but who do you think I should drop between the two? Reese is elgible for 2nd and SS. I like Rivas, but how much do you recover from a broken bone in your forearm?

Any recommendations would certainly be welcome.
Second&Long

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:53 pm

We really should have a doctor or physical therapist on this site for questions like this...

Since I'm neither, you probably should take this with not just a grain but a spoonful of salt: if forced to make a choice I'd drop Rivas. He's not only rehabbing that forearm, but has a fracture in his wrist. Maybe I'm just a victim of Post-Nomar Injury Stress Disorder, but the potential loss of bat speed that this type of injury can cause scares me.

Of course, Reese's hammy doesn't sound all that reassuring either, so I guess it's a case of pick your poison. Still, my subjective call would be to grab Spivey in a heartbeat, and part ways with Rivas unless you were really counting on his speed.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

yep

Postby cwebb » Thu Apr 25, 2002 5:44 pm

Go with Reese, having a guy who plays second and short is great help in fantasy baseball as those are very shallow positions!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers