Melvin Mora 2B eligibility ??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Melvin Mora 2B eligibility ???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Melvin Mora 2B eligibility ???

Postby RedSox20 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:29 am

Apparently Melvin Mora has Played 9 games at 2B (according to Yahoo), therefore he is only one game away from 2B eligibility.

This would be great for my team ;-D , But I was wondering if anyone knew when these 2B opps were coming.

Was he playing 2B, just as a result of a switch during in Interleague play (And Now since Interleague is over, would greatly decrease his chances of getting anymore).
RedSox20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FrogStamp » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:15 am

That 9 means he needs 9 more games at 2B to gain eligibility.
FrogStamp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hooligan1 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:41 am

Actually Yahoo shows him as having played one game at 2B and if you're in a Yahoo league, the eligibility is 5 games.......

Click on the player, go to his career stats and check games played. Not sure what you're looking at but the 9 games thing is wrong.
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:44 am

I am pretty sure different leagues have different # of required games to be eligible. I dont think yahoo has one set # for all leagues. I dont use yahoo so i am not sure but i cant imagine they do.

INKcogKNEEdough
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby FrogStamp » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:34 pm

hooligan1 wrote:Actually Yahoo shows him as having played one game at 2B and if you're in a Yahoo league, the eligibility is 5 games.......

Click on the player, go to his career stats and check games played. Not sure what you're looking at but the 9 games thing is wrong.

He needs 9 more games played at 2B to gain eligibility. In Yahoo you need 5 starts at a position or 10 games played at a position (regardless of whether you started there or not). I'm thinking he must have moved over to 2B late in a game and that's how he got his 1 appearance. He won't get 2B eligibility this season.
FrogStamp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:36 pm

INKcogKNEEdough wrote:I am pretty sure different leagues have different # of required games to be eligible. I dont think yahoo has one set # for all leagues. I dont use yahoo so i am not sure but i cant imagine they do.

INKcogKNEEdough

It's 5 starts, 10 appearances for all Yahoo leagues. You can't change it for your specific league.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:37 pm

hooligan1 wrote:Actually Yahoo shows him as having played one game at 2B and if you're in a Yahoo league, the eligibility is 5 games.......

On the position eligibility list it says how many more games are needed. So it has a 9 because he needs 9 more appearances.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:38 pm

Well this thread turned out to be a big dissapointment
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:57 pm

acsguitar wrote:Well this thread turned out to be a big dissapointment

:-b
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:12 am

acsguitar wrote:Well this thread turned out to be a big dissapointment

ditto :-t
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers