Mike Pelfrey next young Ace? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mike Pelfrey next young Ace?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hybrid » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:23 pm

I'm curious about how much his breaking pitches have improved. Even in the minors though he hasn't been throwing them as much as you would like, to get a good in game feel for them. He is mainly going to try and over power you w/ his FB and locate it well, then mix in some changes then breaking pitches.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby garf112 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:25 pm

hybrid wrote:I'm curious about how much his breaking pitches have improved. Even in the minors though he hasn't been throwing them as much as you would like, to get a good in game feel for them. He is mainly going to try and over power you w/ his FB and locate it well, then mix in some changes then breaking pitches.

That was more meant to fuel the speculation about him being called up than to point out the pitches that he throws. I think he will struggle initially in the bigs. Trying to overpower major league hitters with fastballs is not usually a good way to go.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby hybrid » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:33 pm

garf112 wrote:That was more meant to fuel the speculation about him being called up than to point out the pitches that he throws. I think he will struggle initially in the bigs. Trying to overpower major league hitters with fastballs is not usually a good way to go.

I realize that, but since they talked about it ... I thought I would add a few thoughts. His initial success will depend on how good his FB control is.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby MightyMets » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:59 pm

new info:

pedro to the DL
lima on friday
maine and pelfrey on saturday

dont see how pelfrey will be able to really crack the rotation where it matters (postseason will be Pedro, Glavine, el Duque) but nice to see what he got now.
MightyMets
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:29 pm

Well it looks like Saturday will be one of the few days in history that I really want to watch a New York Mets baseball game. ;-7 ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:34 pm

MightyMets wrote:new info:

pedro to the DL
lima on friday

dont see how pelfrey will be able to really crack the rotation where it matters (postseason will be Pedro, Glavine, el Duque) but nice to see what he got now.

I disagree...I think you will see Trachsel as the #3 and el Duque coming out of the pen...
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:35 pm

MightyMets wrote:new info:

pedro to the DL
lima on friday

I disagree...I think you will see Trachsel as the #3 and el Duque coming out of the pen...not that will affect Pelfry...
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:07 pm

Looking forward to the second game today of the doubleheader! ;-D
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers