King Felix's problem - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

King Felix's problem

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:52 pm

mcliffy2 wrote:Wow...what happens in pitches 60-75???? That is quite an odd stat...10.05 ERA?! And his next highest during any pitch interval is about 5? Seems like the only problem is a lack of concentration...he just loses focus in the 4th or 5th inning.

Honestly with the sample sizes you're looking at here I'd assume it's more of a fluke than anything else.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdsun1 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:49 pm

LoudmouthApostle wrote:I was at the game and the two innings he got into trouble he was getting the ball up. In fact, in the inning he gave up the ding dong to Morales (who was crushing the ball in BP) the batter before Felix threw two changeups that were above the batters head. I think he then went on to either walk or give up a bloop single putting a runner on for Morales. I remember thinking why don't they send out the pitching coach to settle him down and make sure he keeps the ball down. Wouldn't ya know it they didn't and he put a fastball a little up and over the plate and a 2Run HR.

Later on in his last inning again he threw a strange changeup (where it looks like he is falling off the mound) again that was over head high over the plate. He tried to get the ball down a couple times and bounced balls and then started the hit parade and his exit.

He was pretty dominant in the other innings with a low pitch count but started having control problems (and getting the ball up) in those two innings he gave up 2 runs.

Overall he is 8-8 with a K/inning and an ERA just under 5 which is not horrendously terrible and with a Blanton like second half I think Felix gets to something like 15-11 with a 4.00 ERA when all is said and done. Only 20 and once he clears the hump it's lights out for the next decade.

Weaver was oustanding last night as well, dominant control.

I think this is the most sensible reply. I can see him getting his era under 4 and also coming away with a more wins than loses. Which would translate into a decent but not great second half. Still worthy of a starting spot on anyones roster. With a K and inning I think his value is much greater than you think.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates