MLB pitching rotations next week??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB pitching rotations next week???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MLB pitching rotations next week???

Postby PointMachine » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:41 pm

How does this work? Do the teams start back up with their #1s again or do they just stay in the rotation they are in at the end of this week? I ask cause I have Kazmir, Webb, Prior, Felix, and Glavine who would ALL miss starts next week if their teams stay in rotation. I have played the past three years but I cannot remember what the teams do. I do not remember it ever being an issue.
PointMachine
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PointMachine » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:15 pm

well, either nobody knows or nobody wants to help.
PointMachine
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pangbones » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:22 am

I'm not sure. I guess I never really paid much attention to it. But I think they will stay in rotation for the most part. Guys like Bonser will get skipped. Who pitches in the AS game, and how much they pitch probably affects that too.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby rlee » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:52 am

A lot depends on who pitches in the All Star game. If a number 1 starter like Santana or Schmidt does not pitch, they will likely pitch in the first game after the break. If they do pitch, they will likely pitch in the second or third game. Right, now, you can't tell. Just pay close attention when MLB resumes.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:49 pm

Either way, with only 4 days of games everyones pitchers should pitch one time.
TN_Titans_05
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby PointMachine » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:44 pm

This sucks! :,-( Most teams only play three games and my lineup is due monday morning and I can't change it for a week. I can't sit and wait to see what happens in the all star game. I guess I just gotta keep a close eye on it and I might have to start a Cliff Lee over a Scott Kazmir etc if the uncertaintey is still there. Guys like Prior and Felix (who aren't scheduled to start next week but aren't in the AS game either) might get bumped up, I hope. Anyone else have any experience with this situation?
PointMachine
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pangbones » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:14 am

I would say all #1's will pitch next week, when depends on if/how much they pitch in the All Star game. Only the #5's would be skipped. Kazmir will pitch next week, they wouldn't skip him, at least I don't think they would. Anyone that does pitch in the ASG, could pitch on Sunday, and have 4 days rest. ;-D
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:40 am

PointMachine wrote:This sucks! :,-( Most teams only play three games and my lineup is due monday morning and I can't change it for a week. I can't sit and wait to see what happens in the all star game. I guess I just gotta keep a close eye on it and I might have to start a Cliff Lee over a Scott Kazmir etc if the uncertaintey is still there.

I don't understand why you would start Cliff Lee over Kazmir. Kazmir will pitch next week but it is hard to say which day because no one know how much he will throw in the ASG.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

Return to Baseball Leftovers