Will the Tigers win the AL Central? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will the Tigers win the AL Central?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who wins the AL Central?

White Sox
44
59%
Tigers
25
34%
Twins
5
7%
Indians
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 74

Postby BritSox » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:27 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Verlander's never come close to a 200 IP season.

He's a rookie. :-?


And? How does that detract from the fact? He's never thrown over 140 innings in a season before, so there are legitimate question marks over whether he can handle a full MLB season.
Image
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5223
Joined: 5 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:31 pm

I think the Sox will win it and I think that the wild card will come from the AL Central too.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10983
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:33 pm

BritSox wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Verlander's never come close to a 200 IP season.

He's a rookie. :-?


And? How does that detract from the fact? He's never thrown over 140 innings in a season before, so there are legitimate question marks over whether he can handle a full MLB season.

Well why point out he's never come close to 200 innings then? He's never pitched 100 innings before either, because his previous career high was 11. He said it like Verlander has been pitching for a few years and hasn't been able to reach 200...he hasn't even been given the shot to, it's not like he always burns out down the stretch.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:45 pm

Weren't the nats in 1st place by the allstar break.
No way the Tigers win the central. No way on earth
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby duckmonkey » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:22 pm

White Sox and it won't even be close.
duckmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 268
Joined: 11 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Sox Nation » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:13 pm

Jimboozie wrote:Hitting-wise, I think the White Sox are better than the Tigers.

However, Detroit's pitching staff has been great. If they keep it up I think they will win the division. :-o

We have one vote for the Twins so far, kinda suprised nobody has thrown their name out there. What are they, 19-1 in their last 20 games?


Detriot has a better pitching staff but Chicago has a better offense.

chadlincoln wrote:I think the Sox will win it and I think that the wild card will come from the AL Central too.


Doh... Unless the Yankees, Blue Jays, or Twins make a miracle comeback and hope Chicago or Detriot loses like 10 games straight.


duckmonkey wrote:White Sox and it won't even be close.


How close is close? Oh it will be within 5 games.
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 387
Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:19 pm

Red Sox Nation wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:I think the Sox will win it and I think that the wild card will come from the AL Central too.


Doh... Unless the Yankees, Blue Jays, or Twins make a miracle comeback and hope Chicago or Detriot loses like 10 games straight.

They're 7 games back from Chicago. There's half a season left to play. There has to be a miracle for either team to catch up? In '04 the Yankees were up by 10 games and a few weeks later they were up by 2.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby CheeseBeger » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:22 pm

My gut is saying both make playoffs, and I want to say Tigers in 1st, but Verlander might tire, and Rogers might have a crappy second half.

I'm personally rooting for Tigers. And I wouldn't mind if CWS making it eliminates the Yankees from making the playoffs this year.
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 1713
Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't need doubletalk! You need Bob Loblaw!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:49 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
BritSox wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Verlander's never come close to a 200 IP season.

He's a rookie. :-?


And? How does that detract from the fact? He's never thrown over 140 innings in a season before, so there are legitimate question marks over whether he can handle a full MLB season.

Well why point out he's never come close to 200 innings then? He's never pitched 100 innings before either, because his previous career high was 11. He said it like Verlander has been pitching for a few years and hasn't been able to reach 200...he hasn't even been given the shot to, it's not like he always burns out down the stretch.


Did I word it wrong TB? I wasn't going after Verlander. Shoot, I got him on my roster. I was merely using one example of the previous statement I had made. Leyland has said that he needs to lessen Verlander's workload. I don't know if you can lean on him the way they have been for the remainder of the season. I'd love it if they could. I just don't know if it's possible.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Red Sox Nation » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:10 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Red Sox Nation wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:I think the Sox will win it and I think that the wild card will come from the AL Central too.


Doh... Unless the Yankees, Blue Jays, or Twins make a miracle comeback and hope Chicago or Detriot loses like 10 games straight.

They're 7 games back from Chicago. There's half a season left to play. There has to be a miracle for either team to catch up? In '04 the Yankees were up by 10 games and a few weeks later they were up by 2.


I'm basing my info on the pace Chicago, Toronto, and Minnesota's pace. I really doubt any of them will make it unless Chicago/Detriot show a horrible second half.
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 387
Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Miami at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(10:10 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact