Thames not getting his due... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thames not getting his due...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mcliffy2 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:49 pm

Even at 6th he should get more RBIs and Rs. Shelton is starting to pick it up again and hopefully will knock him in. He was batting 7th or 8th for a while, which I think is why those stats are lower...its not like he hasn't hit a fair share of homers with people on base or lacks the ability to hit when it counts (I learned this the hard way when hit a 9th inning HR to tie it against my cards).
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ordinarygenius » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:15 pm

Thames has been one of the batters most moved around in the lineup this year. A wire gem indeed.

Batting 2nd: 7 games
3rd: 4 games
4th: 3 games
5th: 11 games
6th: 21 games
7th: 8 games
8th: 10 games
9th: 1 game
ordinarygenius
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ordinarygenius » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:20 pm

Thames has been one of the batters most moved around in the lineup this year. A wire gem indeed.

Batting 2nd: 7 games
3rd: 4 games
4th: 3 games
5th: 11 games
6th: 21 games
7th: 8 games
8th: 10 games
9th: 1 game
ordinarygenius
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rookies » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:50 pm

He was the guy I threw in along with Manny to get Tex and M. Young. Figured he'd drop off but so far no dice....
Don't try to strike everyone out. Strikeouts are boring besides that they're fascist. Throw some ground balls it's more democratic. - Crash Davis
Rookies
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:19 pm

time to drop thames? he's been struggling lately and d. young is startin.g over him today
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Mreater71 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:09 pm

I wouldn't be to quick on the trigger. This week hasn't been great for him, and he could possibly be traded to a team that could use his power.
Mreater71
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mcliffy2 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:05 pm

Mreater71 wrote:I wouldn't be to quick on the trigger. This week hasn't been great for him, and he could possibly be traded to a team that could use his power.

Besides the trade...he has a thing with hitting homeruns on Sunday...and not just last Sunday (2 HR, 5 RBI), there have been a couple weeks I've been like, ok, nothing this week, and then he'll have a big sunday with a HR...I'm starting him tomorrow.

Disclaimer: there obviously is no statistical relevance to this, but hey, when some random thing like that is working, go with it...
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mreater71 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:42 pm

mcliffy2 wrote:
Mreater71 wrote:I wouldn't be to quick on the trigger. This week hasn't been great for him, and he could possibly be traded to a team that could use his power.

Besides the trade...he has a thing with hitting homeruns on Sunday...and not just last Sunday (2 HR, 5 RBI), there have been a couple weeks I've been like, ok, nothing this week, and then he'll have a big sunday with a HR...I'm starting him tomorrow.

Disclaimer: there obviously is no statistical relevance to this, but hey, when some random thing like that is working, go with it...

Yep, that's why I said don't be quick on the trigger! There is no way that Detroit will leave someone like Thames on the bench!
Mreater71
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mcliffy2 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:19 am

Mreater71 wrote:
mcliffy2 wrote:

Yep, that's why I said don't be quick on the trigger! There is no way that Detroit will leave someone like Thames on the bench!

Yea, I mean he is their team leader in HR (and not like they are a weak hitting team). He also has shown the ability to hit HR in clutch situations...the main problem with him is his defense.
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Young 8 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:25 am

mcliffy2 wrote: He also has shown the ability to hit HR in clutch situations....

are you sure ???

0.207 RISP (1 hr)
0.139 RISP w/2outs (0 hr)

:-?
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers