Ryan Zimmerman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ryan Zimmerman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ryan Zimmerman

Postby rmande09 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:34 pm

What's everyones take on him? Think he will continue to develop into a monster stud, or do you think his development of power and overall hitting is done?

Sorry if I put that terribly. Do you think he will continue to get better or do you think he's as good as he'll get right now?
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ryan Zimmerman

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:38 pm

rmande09 wrote:What's everyones take on him? Think he will continue to develop into a monster stud, or do you think his development of power and overall hitting is done?

Sorry if I put that terribly. Do you think he will continue to get better or do you think he's as good as he'll get right now?

I still chuckle at the fact that fantasy baseball stars are referred to as "studs." It's all so Slater from Saved by the Bell...

Anyway, yes, Zimmerman is a nice prospect if for no other reason his position. Rolen and Wright are obvious standouts, but the rest of the players at that position are usually pretty streaky or jekyll and hide. Zimmerman has potential to really break out of the mold and join Rolen (as oft injured as he is) and Wright (who has unlimited potential) at the top of the position.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Ryan Zimmerman

Postby noseeum » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:28 pm

Coppermine wrote:
rmande09 wrote:What's everyones take on him? Think he will continue to develop into a monster stud, or do you think his development of power and overall hitting is done?

I still chuckle at the fact that fantasy baseball stars are referred to as "studs." It's all so Slater from Saved by the Bell...

Anyway, yes, Zimmerman is a nice prospect if for no other reason his position. Rolen and Wright are obvious standouts, but the rest of the players at that position are usually pretty streaky or jekyll and hide. Zimmerman has potential to really break out of the mold and join Rolen (as oft injured as he is) and Wright (who has unlimited potential) at the top of the position.

I guess you're in an NL only league? There's a guy named Arod who's pretty good. :-D
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Dynamic Hispanic » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:18 pm

And Miguel Cabrera
The Dynamic Hispanic
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby great gretzky » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:40 pm

yea seriously. he isn't even the best 3b in the division. Wright is better. I'd also say at the moment for fantasy purposes, aramis is, as is miggy cabrera.

zimm will be good, but let's not be silly.

Arod, Miggy, Aramis, Wright, Rolen are all definitely better than him. Then you have glaus, chavez and mora, whom right now I'd take over him.

So 8th best, is by definition below average in most leagues for the position.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:34 pm

great gretzky wrote:yea seriously. he isn't even the best 3b in the division. Wright is better. I'd also say at the moment for fantasy purposes, aramis is, as is miggy cabrera.

zimm will be good, but let's not be silly.

Arod, Miggy, Aramis, Wright, Rolen are all definitely better than him. Then you have glaus, chavez and mora, whom right now I'd take over him.

So 8th best, is by definition below average in most leagues for the position.

Yeah, i dropped the ball there; I did neglect the AL but M-Cab and A-Ram are both much better. Not to mention the year Glaus and Chavez are having.

I guess I was looking at more from a prospect point of view. The kid's 22 and could finish the season with 20+ homers and 100+ RBI. Not bad for 3rd base, excluding the above-mentioned players.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby rmande09 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:16 am

From a fantasy point of view, I'd rather have Zimm than Mora, ARam, and Chavez - at least at this point in the season.

My question was more... How do you think he'll develop? Will he develop into an elite 3Bman (obviously below Wright, ARod, MCab), or will he just be 'average?'
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers