Hafners Eligibility in Yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Hafners Eligibility in Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hafners Eligibility in Yahoo

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:17 am

He did not play enough to get 1B eligibility and now no more NL games, looks like he probably won't make it, especially since they called up Garko and have been playing VMART there as well. This hurts his value a little.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FrancoeurFranks07 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:21 am

Going into the season, I didn't expect to have him at 1B, I don't think it hurts his value, but if he would have got it, it would have been a nice surprise.
FrancoeurFranks07
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zevon » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:47 am

V-Mart now has 4 games at 1B and will get more starts, so he'll be eligible. I was looking forward to Pronk giving me a bit more lineup flexibility, but it ain't gonna happen...
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cobbs87 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:18 pm

yeah but why would you play V-Mart somewhere other than catcher?
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:29 pm

because he is a horrible defensive catcher, and for fantasy it is always good to have flexability.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pangbones » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:23 pm

I'm glad he didn't get the eligibility. I don't know why everyone thinks it hurts his value, but everyone seems to. I hope it hurts his value next year, so I can get him again, cheap!! ;-D

Yeah it'd be nice to be able to move him to 1B if need be, but I drafted him to play at Util, and I have NO problem sitting him there for the rest of the year. I just don't understand why everyone devalues him because he can only play Util. I put my team together knowing I'd have Hafner at Util all year, so maybe that has something to do with it. :-?
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:25 pm

I agree with pangbones. It is nice to have flexibility at the utility spot, but normally that spot is reserved for shuffling waiver wire players in and out throughout the year. Pronk has been immensely helpful to my offense, and I definitely agree that he comes cheaper than guys who produce the same kind of numbers because of the utility spot crunch.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby zevon » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:04 pm

For me , it's a days off / rainout thing - I'm fortunate to have Howard and Pujols in one league, as well as Hafner. Could have used Pronk at first a few times when Albert was out and Howard wasn't playing, instead 1B went unmanned. Anyone on my bench could have played UTIL.
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:20 pm

pangbones wrote:I'm glad he didn't get the eligibility. I don't know why everyone thinks it hurts his value, but everyone seems to. I hope it hurts his value next year, so I can get him again, cheap!! ;-D

Yeah it'd be nice to be able to move him to 1B if need be, but I drafted him to play at Util, and I have NO problem sitting him there for the rest of the year. I just don't understand why everyone devalues him because he can only play Util. I put my team together knowing I'd have Hafner at Util all year, so maybe that has something to do with it. :-?

haha good call.. but i dont think hell be cheap either way next year..

very good player.. and i really did wish he got the eligibility..

not a big deal though.. will keep him at util
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby cobbs87 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:23 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:because he is a horrible defensive catcher, and for fantasy it is always good to have flexability.

I meant fantasy wise. Why even have Victor if not for your catcher slot? In real life I realize he is a bad catcher but fantasy wise it doesnt matter.
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates