All Star Game rosters - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

All Star Game rosters

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rmande09 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:40 pm

NIU Ricky wrote:Mark Redman 5-4 5.59era 1.51whip .293baa 30k 30bb in 74 ip makes the AL all-star team

and either

Travis Hafner .312ba 22hr 66rbi 61r .631slg
or
Francisco Liriano 9-1 1.99era 94k 20bb 0.97whip in 81.1ip
gets snubbed!

What a joke!

MLB should abolish the every team gets a representative rule when the Royals have no deserving canditates :-t :-t :-t :-t

Completely agree with that. That's absolutely embarassing. If I were Redman, I would not want to be an All-Star.

I do understand why Liriano did not make it. He was not a starter the whole year and it would be awful to pick him and leave guys like Schilling off.

Which brings me to my next point - Schilling deserves the be on the roster over just about all the SPs on the AL squad.
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:41 pm

I'd really like to see Liriano in the all star game with his phenomenal numbers, but think of it this way; he'll likely be starting the All Star game next year, if he keeps this up.

I'd like to see another hitter get in from each league simply because they're more likely to get some playing time than another pitcher. Hafner and Nomar would be nice additions, especially Nomar... anyone with a .361 average deserves it in my opinion. I'm afraid Wagner will be voted in simply because of the NY fan base.

In any case, I agree that Liriano or Hafner at least should have been voted in or selected; but at the vote, I have to go for Hafner.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby UncleIvan » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:24 pm

Where the hell are Mussina and Schilling?
UncleIvan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:27 pm

UncleIvan wrote:Where the hell are Mussina and Schilling?

Both could be candidates to start also, IMO.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:05 pm

The AL Roster is a freaking joke.

No Hafner? He should be starting for that friggen' team. Liriano anyone? No, let's take Mark Redman. Loretta on 2B? Pudge behind the plate? What the hell? Schilling? Mussina? Hello? Anyone?

As for the NL, the starters actually look great. The only one that I'd change would be Lo Duca, but other than that, the fans voted pretty well for the NL.

AL roster is trash. :-P
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby daullaz » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:06 pm

It's not enough to complain about the current rosters...What should the All-Star rosters look like? Of course, the starters have to stay the same, since they were chosen by the fans...

AL:

C - I.Rodriguez, J.Mauer
1B - D.Ortiz, J.Giambi, T.Hafner, J.Thome
2B - M.Loretta, M.Grudzielanek
3B - A.Rodriguez, J.Crede
SS - D.Jeter, M.Tejada, M.Young
OF - M.Ramirez, I.Suzuki, V.Guerrero, V.Wells, R.Ibanez, C.Crawford

SP - J.Santana, F.Liriano, M.Mussina, R.Halladay, C.Schilling, K.Rogers, J.Verlander, D.Haren
RP - J.Papelbon, B.Ryan, M.Rivera, J.Nathan

People will probably hate the Ibanez pick, but he's leading the AL in RBI. Haren has pitched better than Zito this year. Grudz becomes the lone Royal. It was a hard choice for the Texas rep, but I went with Young.

NL:

C - P.LoDuca, M.Barrett
1B - A.Pujols, R.Howard, L.Berkman, N.Garciaparra
2B - C.Utley, D.Uggla
3B - D.Wright, M.Cabrera, S.Rolen
SS - J.Reyes, B.Hall
OF - J.Bay, C.Beltran, A.Soriano, M.Holliday, C.Lee, A.Jones

SP - P.Martinez, J.Schmidt, C.Young, B.Arroyo, B.Webb, T.Glavine, B.Penny, C.Capuano, J.Smoltz
RP - T.Hoffman, T.Gordon, T.Saito

Many will question Saito, but his numbers deserve a spot on the team. Nomar, Young, Cap and Smoltz all get a spot on my team, and Bill Hall's power numbers and versatility land him the backup SS job.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:07 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:NO HAFNER?!?!?!

No offense of Young but you don't need 3 SS. Hafner should have his spot.

I think Hafner is more deserving than his teammate Sizemore.

Hafner is more deserving than maybe anyone on that team. He should be starting at 1B, not on a "Vote for the 30th Man" ballot. What a joke. :-t
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Strasil42 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:22 pm

nikku88 wrote:
nsulham wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:Ortiz plays first base????

:-t

Don't hate, he got voted in by the fans. If you have a problem take it up with the fans.

Perhaps he could do like Jay and Silent Bob and go to everyone's house who voted and beat them up. :-D

Great suggestion. :-t :-t

All you motherf^&&& are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna f^^^ your mothers while you watch and cry like little b****. Once we get to Boston and find those Red Sox f^^^ who are voting on a DH to play 1st base, we're gonna make 'em eat our s^^, then s^^^ out our s^^ then eat their s^^ which is made up of our s^^^ that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you mot^^^$$ are next. Love, Jay and Silent Bob.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Strasil42 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:24 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
rmande09 wrote:I'm saying Sizemore puts up those numbers at a position that has much less offensive talent than Hafner does. Sizemore is the 2nd best offensive CFer in the AL (Wells), whereas Hafner is below Thome and Ortiz.

Hafner is below nobody. He is the AL mvp so far. He leads the AL in ops, playing in a pitchers park. Hafner leads the AL in runs created, and rc/27. Sizemore is 2nd in runs created.

HOOTIE what makes you think Jacobs Field is a pitchers park???
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:39 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:
rmande09 wrote:I'm saying Sizemore puts up those numbers at a position that has much less offensive talent than Hafner does. Sizemore is the 2nd best offensive CFer in the AL (Wells), whereas Hafner is below Thome and Ortiz.

Hafner is below nobody. He is the AL mvp so far. He leads the AL in ops, playing in a pitchers park. Hafner leads the AL in runs created, and rc/27. Sizemore is 2nd in runs created.

HOOTIE what makes you think Jacobs Field is a pitchers park???

Well, it might have something to do with how the last three seasons have seen Jacobs field suppress run-scoring more than almost any other park in baseball.

http://www.baseball-reference.com can be used to see park factors.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers