Ru. Ortiz and Maddux @ Coors next week? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ru. Ortiz and Maddux @ Coors next week?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ru. Ortiz and Maddux @ Coors next week?

Postby Giants Rule » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:45 pm

Dudes, I have a dilemma. Next week is our league's last game and it's a doubleheader for me. I might get in the playoffs as a wild card because I have the highest points right now after the 5 teams going in the playoffs.

The problem is I don't wanna get negative points in case Russ and Maddux get lit at Coors. The good thing is Russ will go at SF (Hermanson) first then vs. Stark at Coors. Maddux will go against Jennings.

To top it off, I also have Jerome Williams going at Montreal (Vazquez) and at home vs Florida (Beckett). I've already decided to bench him. What do you think about my Atlanta pitchers though? Thanks much.
Giants Rule
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pkarr5000 » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:51 pm

start russ. bench greg
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Maddux

Postby d18Mike » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:35 pm

If you are being conservative, bench Maddux. But ... I'm pitching him. I really have no choice since it looks like two of my other SPs (Harden and Wells) could potentially miss starts next week.

Maddux got rocked in his last outing. Despite that he is 4-1 and has a 1.21 WHIP in his last 6 starts. Take that last outing out and it's pretty close to a sub-1 WHIP.

He's a groundball pitcher so while he can certainly get hit in Coors, he is not quite as vunerable as some folks.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers