Howie Kendrick...? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Howie Kendrick...?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Howie Kendrick...?

Postby madstork43 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:35 pm

How good is this guy and what are the predictions on his ceiling? Also, when can we expect to see him in an Angel uniform?

thanks!
madstork43
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:00 pm

Well he has already been in an Angels unifrotm technically, it's just that it was only for a few weeks. Lord knows why they haven't gotten rid of Kennedy yet and let him take over. I'd assume he would take over for him next year as he is proving as has nothing left to do in AAA.

As far as hit potential, I'd say 280-300 hitter with 20/20 potential. He doesn't have great speed but the Angels like to run so I see him being able to get close to that earlier in his career.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Re: Howie Kendrick...?

Postby rmande09 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:00 pm

madstork43 wrote:How good is this guy and what are the predictions on his ceiling? Also, when can we expect to see him in an Angel uniform?

thanks!

He is, hands down, the best hitter in the Minors. He probably won't hit for a ton of power, or steal a ton of bases, but he should hit for a damn good average in the Bigs.
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby madstork43 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:36 pm

since he is such a great 2nd base prospect, would you consider treading for him and giving up either Joe Blanton from the A's or Josh Johnson from the Marlins.

Currently i have marcus giles and marc loretta in a dynasty leeague and i think howie could be a nice addition to next years roster.
madstork43
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Manfred » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:46 pm

hybrid wrote:Well he has already been in an Angels unifrotm technically, it's just that it was only for a few weeks. Lord knows why they haven't gotten rid of Kennedy yet and let him take over. I'd assume he would take over for him next year as he is proving as has nothing left to do in AAA.

As far as hit potential, I'd say 280-300 hitter with 20/20 potential. He doesn't have great speed but the Angels like to run so I see him being able to get close to that earlier in his career.

20HRs sounds right (he's hitting for some power now, and I could see him eventually eclipsing 20HRs)
20sb seems a little high (I'd say 10-15 in the majors)
.280-.300 is very low, imo. The guy is a future batting title winner. I'd say he is a .330 type hitter
Manfred
College Coach
College Coach

Postby madstork43 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:53 pm

So any answers to my second questions?
madstork43
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rmande09 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:55 pm

Yes, I'd trade Johnson for him. For one, he'll probably be a top 3 fantasy second baseman (Utley, Weeks), and he'll contribute in all 5 categories.
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:39 pm

Manfred wrote:20HRs sounds right (he's hitting for some power now, and I could see him eventually eclipsing 20HRs)
20sb seems a little high (I'd say 10-15 in the majors)
.280-.300 is very low, imo. The guy is a future batting title winner. I'd say he is a .330 type hitter

Well like I said I think he will run more on the Angels then he would would most clubs, so he could reach around 20 SB. The avg. is just a realistic expectation of his potential. Could he hit more, sure but on a yearly basis I don't see him hitting that far over .300. Yes he has hit for a high avg. in the minors, but it's the minors afterall. For someone who doesn't take that many pitches, I don't see him being able to keep that high of an avg at the major league level. There are very few hitters at the major league level who don't walk, yet hit for a high avg., let alone hit .330.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby madstork43 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:10 am

so the consensus is to deal johnson for him instead of Blanton?
madstork43
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: ...

Postby youalreadyknow » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:52 pm

madstork43 wrote:so the consensus is to deal johnson for him instead of Blanton?

Deal either... pitchers like Johnson and Blanton are truly a dime a dozen compared to a 2B like Kendrick.

Anybody who would trade Kendrick for either of them is a fool.
youalreadyknow
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Minor League & College Baseball