Gary Matthews Jr fading? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Gary Matthews Jr fading?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ranger Roto » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:52 pm

If he can keep his average above .300, I would be happy. The rest of his numbers should be about the same.
Ranger Roto
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ursa » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:01 pm

He's 2 for 3 with 2RBI so far tonight.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby TonyCee » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:09 am

He's going to the All-Star game too, lol. !+)
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DSheppard » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:05 am

he deserves to go to the all star game.

he was also 4 for 5 with 2 doubles tonight.

1 under the mlb lead in doubles, 8 homeruns, and a .336 average with good defense in CF is all star worthy.

Based on his history alone you have to expect a second half dropoff though, im not denying that.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Krunk City King$ » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:28 pm

johnsamo wrote:Mathews' year pretty much depends on what Young, Tex and Blaylock do... Those guys have underperformed. If they heat up, Mathews run production could go through the roof. It's been good without them hitting, so it could really tale off if they roll... Gonna be a hot summer and the balls will fly in Arlington as long as the players don't tire out, but they're all pretty young.

i worry because they were one of the first clubs that had the greenie assistence/recovery program.

:-o
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:13 pm

I never got the "greenie" thing. As my avatar suggests, I didn't always "just say no" in my youth, and Amphetamines, while they give you energy, they also reduce your mental faculties IMO, and I think that loss of mental acuity would offset any physical pick-me-up. For certain football positions, maybe that wouldn't matter, but to hit major league pitching, I'd rather be tired and have my head straight than jacked-up and not 100% mentally. What "positive" effects it likely had was probably a placebo effect....

P.S. all you kids out there, don't let my great mental acuity fool you, drugs usually mess you up, often for life. I'm sober as a deacon now, but I know a lot of people who've ruined their lives and one that died on junk, so don't believe you can just have some youthful indiscretions and walk away when you want. Plus, Amphetamines are HIGHLY addictive, kicking it ain't fun for anybody and impossible for some, just go ask Steve Howe if you don't believe me.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates