100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A-Choke Cult Club

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:42 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Xtreemes wrote:It's Montana and Elway in my opinion

Same. Montana, Elway, Unitas, Starr, Bradshaw, Greise, and when it's all said and done even Manning and Brady will be right up there.

They may or may not be better than Marino but you can argue for any of them. You said that few people say Marino is not the best, which is the main thing I'm arguing. I just did a search for "Greatest All Time Quarterbacks" and Marino is yet to be on the top of any poll or list. He's up there and is most definately in the discussion...and may very well could be #1 but again, to say few people disagree he's number 1 is far from the truth.

You must be looking in places I'm not. Straight from Wiki

Daniel Constantine Marino Jr. (born September 15, 1961 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania of Italian and Polish ancestry) is an American football former quarterback who played for the Miami Dolphins in the National Football League. He holds or has held almost every meaningful NFL passing record and is widely recognized as one of the greatest quarterbacks in football history, despite never winning a Superbowl.

Yes, I came across that too and when did I ever dispute that? Widely recognized as ONE OF THE greatest quarterbacks. I never said he wasn't. I even said he could be #1. My only point was that he's not a consensus #1, which that site also says, and many other people in this thread have agreed with.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Strasil42 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:26 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Xtreemes wrote:It's Montana and Elway in my opinion

Same. Montana, Elway, Unitas, Starr, Bradshaw, Greise, and when it's all said and done even Manning and Brady will be right up there.

They may or may not be better than Marino but you can argue for any of them. You said that few people say Marino is not the best, which is the main thing I'm arguing. I just did a search for "Greatest All Time Quarterbacks" and Marino is yet to be on the top of any poll or list. He's up there and is most definately in the discussion...and may very well could be #1 but again, to say few people disagree he's number 1 is far from the truth.

You must be looking in places I'm not. Straight from Wiki

Daniel Constantine Marino Jr. (born September 15, 1961 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania of Italian and Polish ancestry) is an American football former quarterback who played for the Miami Dolphins in the National Football League. He holds or has held almost every meaningful NFL passing record and is widely recognized as one of the greatest quarterbacks in football history, despite never winning a Superbowl.

Yes, I came across that too and when did I ever dispute that? Widely recognized as ONE OF THE greatest quarterbacks. I never said he wasn't. I even said he could be #1. My only point was that he's not a consensus #1, which that site also says, and many other people in this thread have agreed with.

Of course not, any all time list is going to be subjective.

I misread what you were trying to say though.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mugrila » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:33 pm

Arod grand slam to put the yanks up 6-4, but he's a choke and this game doesn't really matter. ;-7
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Red Sox Nation » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:35 pm

Mugrila wrote:Arod grand slam to put the yanks up 6-4, but he's a choke and this game doesn't really matter. ;-7

;-) Finally he comes through. Seems like he's going to heat up soon.
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:51 pm

Mugrila wrote:Arod grand slam to put the yanks up 6-4, but he's a choke and this game doesn't really matter. ;-7

Arod answers his critics with his bat.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 292)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Jbyrdo » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:12 am

Yet in the same game he hits a 3 run homer when his team is already up 8 runs(4 of them because of his big fly). Kind of ironic :-b
Jbyrdo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Xtreemes » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:33 am

HOOTIE wrote:

Arod answers his critics with his bat.

He answers nothing because I never disputed his numbers. I merely explained why he gets booed by yankee fans when he doesnt come through.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:47 pm

Two curtain calls for A-Rod? They were booing him Friday and Saturday, and those were directly AFTER he hit a walkoff homerun against Atlanta.

Yankee fans piss me off sometimes...
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)

Postby Xtreemes » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:11 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Two curtain calls for A-Rod? They were booing him Friday and Saturday, and those were directly AFTER he hit a walkoff homerun against Atlanta.

Yankee fans piss me off sometimes...

And theyll boo him next game if he fails in a big spot. Mets fans aren't much better, Beltran was being boo'd the first game of the year. So glad that has stopped.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DK » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:34 pm

Of all games, why the one Mets game that I see all season? :~(

I mean I left after the sixth inning because it was so depressing.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers