Help a rookie out - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help a rookie out

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help a rookie out

Postby SanturceCrabbers » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:04 pm

This is my first season doing fantasy. I got into at work because another team was needed even though I hadn't followed baseball in at leat 6years. It is a 10 team 6x6 Roto league. Scoring for batting is avg.,HR,sdt,rbi,r,sb. Scoring for pitching is Era,whip,wins,CG,k,QS. As a rookie I have been the target for much razzing and ridicule however I had a 5 wk run in 1st palce and now I've been in third. 1st and 2nd are pulling away and everyone below me is probably in striking distance. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Heres the current active team,

c-Victor Martinez
1st - Paul Konerko
2nd - Chase Utley
SS - Jimmy Rollins
3rd - Freddy Sanchez - Sat Eric Chavez
of- Johnny Damon
of - Brad Hawpe
of - Matt Kemp
of - Pablo Ozuna - Sat J gomes for the interleague play hoping to get some hits out of and ends up getting hurt.
of - Alex Rios
U - Prince Fielder
U - Jose Lopez

P - Johan Santana
P - Chis Carpenter
P - Curt Schilling
P - Anthony Reyes
P - Josh Johnson
P - Chuck James

Bench or Injured

Eric Chavez - Bench
johnny Gomes - Bench
Reed johnson - Bench
Jeremy Sowers - Bench
Edwin Encarnacion - injured
Casey Blake - Injured
Mark Prior - Injured - Haven't activated him yet

Any names I should look for that may be on the WW in deeper leagues or players flying under the radar would also be appreciated. It would be great to beat guys who have been doing this for years.
SanturceCrabbers
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby u_fig_eater » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:14 pm

Okay.

Get Ian Kinsler (2B-SS), TEX if he is available. He will be a solid short term upgrade over Rollins, and a reasonable long-term play. Forget about Gomez, he's hurt-injured. His shoulder is so bad it requires surgery (an admitted fact), but he's trying to play through it without much success. I would try to deal Prior if a reasonable deal comes up; for this year anyway, he's a mid-level at best starter. I hope Ozuna is not your long-term play at OF...Guys to look for: Ibanez, Shawn Green, MARCUS THAMES...sorry brain fart, I cant come up with others...
As for the bullpen (in order of quality), Joel Zumaya, Jorge Julio, the KC closer (burgos, i think), Jorge Sosa. Zumaya is a set up guy, but he has a fair chance of winning the job soon. He throws 100 MPH and gets good SO/IP.
Hope that helps.
u_fig_eater
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Hitchcock » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:43 pm

Who's available on your WW for OF and P?
^^Thanks to Smoovethug for the sharp sig.
Hitchcock
College Coach
College Coach

keep the info commin

Postby SanturceCrabbers » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:15 pm

First of all thanks for the people taking the time to help me out with my issue.

I probably should have mentioned that the league voted to start 6 pitchers and voted out closers. Would it make sense to give up a starter who may pitch 6 or more innings in a game for a mr or cl who may pitch more frequently in a scoring period.

Fig - kinsler is available in my league however he does not have ss eligibility. I was scouting out Thames a couple of weeks back and thought about it too long, so he is on another team. Green is available. Ozuna was an experiment this week since it seemed that he connected with the ball quite frequently despite few at bats.

Hitch - this is what is currently available in my league as I haven't followed baseball until this season I can't say that I am picking the best out of the ww but I did a sort based on hits for OF and IP for pitching as I am currently in first place in K's with 521 and second place has 492 and then pick out some names I've seen around here or read about.

OF
Shawn Green - figs suggestion
Juan encarnacion
Geoff Jenkins
Mark Derosa
Emil Brown
Mark Kotsay
Bernie Williams
Frank Catalanotto
Craig Monroe

SP
Jamie Moyer
Dave Bush - was intially on my team but was dropped at some point
Gregg maddux
Jarrod Washburn
Jeff Francis
SanturceCrabbers
T-Ball Trainer

Re: keep the info commin

Postby Hitchcock » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:34 am

SanturceCrabbers wrote:OF
Shawn Green - figs suggestion
Geoff Jenkins
Mark Derosa
Bernie Williams
Frank Catalanotto

SP
Jamie Moyer
Dave Bush - was intially on my team but was dropped at some point
Gregg maddux
Jarrod Washburn
Jeff Francis

I dunno about any of the SP's you have listed but if you can get someone out of the bullpen who's long relief you may be alright to drop a SP if that's what you were saying. As far as batting I'd look at those listed IMO. Prob. Bernie or Frank just b/c they play on good teams and should no matter what at least get more chances.
^^Thanks to Smoovethug for the sharp sig.
Hitchcock
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team