Ben Sheets Update - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ben Sheets Update

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Don G. » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:05 pm

great to hear....can't wait to have him back on my team.....hopefully he can help me in the 2nd part of the season....i got him for free on the ww basically so im not pisssed about wasting a draft pick on him.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Great job, guys.

Postby fungerburke » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:52 pm

I own Sheets on all my three fantasy teans so I really appreciate this extensive reporting...thank you!
fungerburke
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Great job, guys.

Postby mikhayl » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:47 am

Anyone know if Sheets is making a rehab start today? I couldn't find a gameday report on the Nashville website.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:17 am

Milwaukee Brewers Official Site
The original plan for the pitchers' rehab schedule will have to be changed, though. Sheets was scheduled for his second rehabilitation start on Friday in Arizona in the rookie league. Unfortunately, because Ohka's original rehab start on Saturday was rained out, the two are now scheduled to pitch on the same day. This means that one of the two will have to be sent somewhere else for his Friday rehab start.

as far as i have heard he will be making a rehab start somewhere today, i just have no idea where...i'm sure we'll here about it sometime tonight though, after it happens

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NASApp ... p&c_id=mil
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby The Big Train » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:22 am

Sounds reasonably positive for Sheets....

MLB.com

PHOENIX -- If all goes according to plan, the Brewers' five-man rotation should be back together the next time the team takes the field at Miller Park.

Two right-handers sidelined by balky shoulders -- Tomo Ohka and Ben Sheets -- survived stifling heat and some free-swinging Arizona rookie leaguers in rehabilitation assignments before the Brewers began second-half play at Chase Field. Ohka threw 60 pitches on Thursday at Maryvale Baseball Park in what likely will prove his final tune-up before rejoining the rotation and Sheets threw 87 pitches at Peoria on Friday, his second Minor League rehab stint.

Brewers manager Ned Yost wouldn't go into detail about the various contingencies, but it appears Ohka will be cleared to start on Tuesday night in San Francisco. Assuming he stays on a five-day schedule, Sheets would make one more rehab start on Wednesday, before rejoining the Brewers on July 24 against Pittsburgh.

"We're doing our best to get realigned," Brewers pitching coach Mike Maddux said. "You plan for the worst but hope for the best. I think the best is right upon us."

Pitching in front of a contingent that included general manager Doug Melvin, Yost and Maddux, Sheets pitched 4 1/3 innings against the Padres' rookie affiliate. He allowed five runs on five hits with two walks and eight strikeouts.

"You can't go on the stats," Maddux said. "You have to go on the execution of pitches, which was very good. He had some four-out innings, five-out innings."

Sheets' fastball ranged from 89 mph in the first inning to 94 mph once he got warmed up. Yost said the young defenders behind him and the young umpire behind the plate may have contributed to the crooked numbers in Sheets' pitching line.

"Benny shouldn't have given up a run," Yost said. "The runs mean absolutely nothing. The thing that's important is that he got to 87 pitches."

Sheets was in the training room all afternoon on Friday and could not comment on his outing.

Pitching on Thursday against A's farmhands in Phoenix, Ohka surrendered four runs on seven hits in three innings. He was limited to 60 pitches because he was working on short rest, lining him up to start Tuesday.

"Tomo had a little problem getting a grip on the ball," Yost said. "His first two innings were good, but it's real hot and dry out there."

Said Maddux: "He looked great today, felt fine. It looks like all of those problems are behind him."

Another rehabbing Brewer, left-hander Jorge De La Rosa (blisters), made his fourth rehab start for Double-A Huntsville on Thursday and is scheduled for two more before rejoining the Brewers, Melvin said. De La Rosa is expected to pitch out of the Brewers bullpen upon his return.

Good news on all counts. But Yost took a typically cautious approach.

"We're looking forward to having Tomo and [Sheets] back, but we can't rely on that too much, either," Yost said. "We're sitting back, waiting for those guys to cure all our ills, it's not going to happen. We need to pick up in all phases of our game. That's all 25 guys."
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mikhayl » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:55 am

The Big Train wrote:Sheets was in the training room all afternoon on Friday and could not comment on his outing.

That part scares me...was he hiding from the press so he didn't have to say his shoulder was sore?

But the pitch count and the velocity are great news. I would guess he's going to go close to full steam ahead in his final rehab start so his fastball should climb another 2-3 MPH or so if he's really healthy.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates