Ben Sheets Update - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ben Sheets Update

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Big Train » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:22 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:i doubt that...i had him last year when he was injured few times, but didnt really finish the year with good #s.

I dunno about that...I had him as well and was quite happy with what he did until the August injury. What was wrong with a 3.33 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, 8.10 K/9, 2.37 BAA??? He didn't have much run support and still won 10 of his 22 starts. Might have won 15 or 16 if he had started more than 30 games. But I guess that's the problem now: he doesn't appear able to make that many starts anymore. I'd like to know if there has been a technical review of his mechanics to find out if that is what has given him problems. Watching him pitch, I'm guessing it's not an issue, but I'd hate to see him turn into another Kerry Wood.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Big Train » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:23 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:i doubt that...i had him last year when he was injured few times, but didnt really finish the year with good #s.

I dunno about that...I had him as well and was quite happy with what he did until the August injury. What was wrong with a 3.33 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, 8.10 K/9, 2.37 BAA??? He didn't have much run support and still won 10 of his 22 starts. Might have won 15 or 16 if he had started more than 30 games. But I guess that's the problem now: he doesn't appear able to make that many starts anymore. I'd like to know if there has been a technical review of his mechanics to find out if that is what has given him problems. Watching him pitch, I'm guessing it's not an issue, but I'd hate to see him turn into another Kerry Wood.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Don G. » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:53 am

According to Rotoworld, he felt great after his last throwing session yesterday and will probably start minor-league rehab starts next week so it sounds like he'll be back soon after the ASB.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:07 am

Yahoo wrote:Jul 4 The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports Milwaukee Brewers SP Ben Sheets (shoulder) will throw a simulated game July 4, after which he expects to get clearance to go out on a minor-league rehabilitation assignment. Sheets has been on the disabled list with shoulder tendonitis since May 3.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby imblotto » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:45 pm

From the yahoo recap of today's game

Notes

Brewers ace Ben Sheets, who has missed most of the season with tendinitis in his right shoulder, threw a three-inning, 45-pitch simulated game Tuesday. Brewers manager Ned Yost said Sheets threw great, but team officials would wait to see how he feels Wednesday before deciding whether to send him to the minor leagues for a rehabilitation stint. ... Milwaukee catcher Damian Miller was scratched from the lineup because of dizziness and replaced by Chad Moeller. ... Tuesday's attendance was 39,280.
imblotto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:13 pm

imblotto wrote:From the yahoo recap of today's game

Notes

Brewers ace Ben Sheets, who has missed most of the season with tendinitis in his right shoulder, threw a three-inning, 45-pitch simulated game Tuesday. Brewers manager Ned Yost said Sheets threw great, but team officials would wait to see how he feels Wednesday before deciding whether to send him to the minor leagues for a rehabilitation stint. ... Milwaukee catcher Damian Miller was scratched from the lineup because of dizziness and replaced by Chad Moeller. ... Tuesday's attendance was 39,280.

nice to see him feeling good for a change ;-D
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:22 pm

Sounds promising.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Red Sox Nation » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:04 pm

I hope he can come back to his 2004 form. I love the K's he offers.
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:08 am

He's not even that important to my staff anymore, so some K's and W's is all I ask for.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Starkmadfan » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:39 am

I'll be happy if he plays well enough that I can get a decent trade for him
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates