Earth to Loaiza...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Earth to Loaiza......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:57 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:It kind of annoys me when people root for a guy to fail just because they were incredulous of his ability to sustain a long period of success.

Just to make it clear. I'm not rooting against Loaiza. Honestly, I do doubt that he could do this all year. I'm the first to admit that I thought people were jumping the gun on him early in the season and overvaluing him. I'll also admit that until tonight, I am wrong. Loaiza would have been a valuable assett to anyone's fantasy team, even with tonight's implosion.

As far as Dontrelle, I'm one of the few that stick up for the kid. He got rocked after the rain delay and quite a few people freaked out. I knew it was the rain. He settled down for a few games, then got rocked again. I've still got him in 3 leagues and he will be in my starting lineup of all 3 in his next start. No worries from me. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GSes » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:45 am

wow i havent been paying attentian to willis posts cuz I defend him also and i think those that trash him simply were not fast enough to pick him up. As madison said the rain in chicago was the reason for that blow up and the last one VS Dodgers, well every SP has a bad day.

And oh ya some say he never went against a good team, well thats true early in his season but the did shut down the Braves. Willis is a stud, I love him, fans love him, he has changed the marlins, i love the marlins, hegave life to that team, that team now mmakes money and draws crowds cuz of WILLIS, and when Willis arrived the marlins became a wild card contnder. The Marlins were a last place team not to long ago.

Wilis is an ace this year, next year, and next year I will draft him cuz i know he is a cy young contender next year.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Jury » Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:42 am

So which of those 3 players did you trade to get Giambi and Sosa? The guy gave you Giambi and Sosa just FOR LOAIZA?????
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:29 pm

the funny thing is that it's just his fourth non-quality start...and u already think he's done. Let's just wait and see.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby The Dude » Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:33 pm

pkarr5000 wrote:jeez what a frickin idiot to do that trade. im kinda glad loaiza got pounded. now i can go back to sleep knowing that no one in this world is perfect... EXCEPT FOR THE A's!!!!!!

who got beat up by the Blue Jays last night... how does five games out of first sound? Sounds great to me!
The Dude Abides
The Dude
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pkarr5000 » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:43 pm

who doesn't have the slightest sense of humor... how does having armando benitez in your bullpen sound? Sounds great to me!
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby GSes » Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:25 pm

lol
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:49 pm

The Jury wrote:So which of those 3 players did you trade to get Giambi and Sosa? The guy gave you Giambi and Sosa just FOR LOAIZA?????

Jury, he mentioned twice that he dealt Bagwell, Loaiza, and Salmon for Giambi and Sosa. It was a 3-for-2 deal.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers