Need help maintaining first place( now second place). WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need help maintaining first place( now second place). WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need help maintaining first place( now second place). WHIR

Postby teiohx » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:00 pm

I'm currently leading in a 12 team, non-keeper, league and I currently have this line-up:

C K. Johjima(Sea - C)
1B C. Utley(Phi - 1B,2B)
2B F. López(Cin - 2B,SS)
3B S. Rolen(StL - 3B)
SS J. Rollins(Phi - SS)
OF B. Abreu(Phi - OF)
OF C. Patterson(Bal - OF)
OF M. Ramírez(Bos - OF)
Util M. Thames(Det - OF)
BN M. Napoli (LAA - C)
BN A. Dunn (Cin - 1B,OF)

J. Vázquez(CWS - SP)
D. Turnbow(Mil - RP)
H. Street(Oak - RP)
C. Capuano(Mil - SP)
A. Otsuka(Tex - RP)
C. Young(SD - SP)
M. Mussina(NYY - SP)
D. Lowe(LAD - SP)
Jer. Weaver(LAA - SP)
A. Reyes(StL - SP)

My stat rankings (1-12, 12 being the best):

12 R

12 HR

10 RBI

12 SB

5 AVG

12 W

11 SV

9 K

8 ERA

10.5 WHIP

I feel that there is room for improvement. Dunn blows if he's not hitting homerun. I have three starters from the Phillies. My pitching line-up is OK. I think the closers are fairly solid. What do you guys think?

Here are some notable waivers(There are a lot... I think a number of teams cashed it in as this is not a competitive league outside of the four or five top teams who are battling a bit):

Free agent batters: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/337681/players

pitchers:
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/337681/players?status=A&pos=P&stat1=S_S_2006
Last edited by teiohx on Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
teiohx
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teiohx » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:43 pm

Nobody?

Anyone think dropping J. Rollins for C. Guillen would be a good idea? I'm torn because BA is a problem for me, but J. Rollins really turned in on last year. I live overseas and can't watch the games, so I have to read a ton of reports and stats just to have an idea of how the players are doing.
teiohx
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby fitz0527 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:17 am

what kind of league are you playing in where those caliber of players are available on waivers? 12 people and I guess no more than four of them have any idea what they're doing.
fitz0527
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 9)

Postby teiohx » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:50 am

It's a yahoo roto league. Believe it or not, I even chose "competitive" when options were available when setting up the team. The league is competitive to a degree, particularly between myself and another guy who have been trading places between first and second since the middle of May, but I am pretty sure that multiple people are simply not keeping up with their teams anymore.

Actually, the amount of talent available is hurting me. In the past, when a decent player hit the wire, you knew it and tried to get them. There weren't as many choices available, and I could usually do fairly well. This time around, I have so many possible "good" choices that I'm not sure which ones to take for the highest pay-off. I'm not a pro at this, but I've gotten first place before and have a shot at it again.

Recently, I did make a couple moves. I added Saito, dropping Lowe I think. However, I am not sure that I want four relievers in my line-up, usually going with three in the past. I just couldn't decide on three between Turnbow, Street, Saito, and Otsuka. I also dropped Reyes and added Bedard. I have little patience for rookies who turn in a performance like Reyes did tonight, and it isn't like, in this league, I won't have a really good chance of grabbing him again.
teiohx
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby teiohx » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:50 pm

bump.
teiohx
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:15 am

drop napoli grab guillen to play over rollins, grab garcia over reyes and you should be set,
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby nakgxf » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:20 am

Obviously Blalock, even though he is known for 2nd half meltdowns, is a viable option at util, and is better than Thames. However, if BA is where you are hurting, I would go with Baldelli for an immediate boost. He is white-hot right now and should give you a good bump in the short (and maybe long) term. I would also keep kearns on your watch list.

If it's me, I think I drop Napoli for Baldelli and Thames for Blalock. As far as pitching, keep your eye on Meche, Jennings and Wang, as they have all been good lately, and it's looking like Wang may be one of the most under-rated pitchers in MLB. I would get rid of Vasquez for one of these guys immediately (I would probably pick Jennings or Meche).
nakgxf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team