How does T. Gorzelanny compare with these SP's? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

How does T. Gorzelanny compare with these SP's?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How does T. Gorzelanny compare with these SP's?

Postby dis2233 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:07 pm

Hello- I need some help ranking these guys. Are there any major differences between these guys other than the teams they are on? Thanks in advance

Gorzelanny
Pelfrey
Hughes
Garza
Bailey
Adam Miller
Elbert
Andrew Miller
Adenhart
dis2233
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rmande09 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:35 pm

This is how I'd rate them, in terms of ceilings, right now.

1. Homer Bailey
2. Mike Pelfrey
3. Philip Hughes
4. Andrew Miller
5. Nick Adenhart
6. Matt Garza
7. Adam Miller
8. Tom Gorzellany
9. Scott Elbert

If you are picking for a minor league squad in a keeper fantasy league, there is no question that the top four are in their own class. I had trouble ranking the top guys and the bottom guys in order, but there is no question that Bailey, Pelfrey, and Hughes are in the upper-upper echelon in terms of pitching prospects. I assume Miller will be as well, with a mid-to-high 90s fastball and a devastating slider as a 6'7'' lefty. The rest of the guys sort of fall into a middle echelon, though I feel that Garza and Adenhart are better than the rest.

You may also want to look out for guys like Brandon Erbe, Radhames Liz, Ubaldo Jimenez, and Yovani Gallardo. I'd probably rank them ahead of 4 or 5 of those guys, and a couple may actually be in the class of Pelfrey and Hughes.
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J35J » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:10 pm

rmande09 wrote:This is how I'd rate them, in terms of ceilings, right now.

1. Homer Bailey
2. Mike Pelfrey
3. Philip Hughes
4. Andrew Miller
5. Nick Adenhart
6. Matt Garza
7. Adam Miller
8. Tom Gorzellany
9. Scott Elbert

If you are picking for a minor league squad in a keeper fantasy league, there is no question that the top four are in their own class. I had trouble ranking the top guys and the bottom guys in order, but there is no question that Bailey, Pelfrey, and Hughes are in the upper-upper echelon in terms of pitching prospects. I assume Miller will be as well, with a mid-to-high 90s fastball and a devastating slider as a 6'7'' lefty. The rest of the guys sort of fall into a middle echelon, though I feel that Garza and Adenhart are better than the rest.

You may also want to look out for guys like Brandon Erbe, Radhames Liz, Ubaldo Jimenez, and Yovani Gallardo. I'd probably rank them ahead of 4 or 5 of those guys, and a couple may actually be in the class of Pelfrey and Hughes.

I'm not quite as high on Andrew Miller, compared to some of these guys, as some are.......

1. Philip Hughes
2. Mike Pelfrey
3. Homer Bailey

4. Matt Garza
5. Nick Adenhart

6. Andrew Miller
7. Tom Gorzellany

8. Adam Miller
9. Scott Elbert

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball