Good Riddance - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Good Riddance

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:46 pm

Coppermine wrote:So basically he's like a leftist Pat Robertson?

Except that the people that he works for don't agree with him whereas Pat Robertson is a freelance offender.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:50 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:

Except that the people that he works for don't agree with him whereas Pat Robertson is a freelance offender.

Ah, good point; even Pat Robertson gets about 1 million viewers a week.

Well, I know what's scarier then; this guys nothing compared to Patty boy.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:56 pm

Coppermine wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:

Ah, good point; even Pat Robertson gets about 1 million viewers a week.

Well, I know what's scarier then; this guys nothing compared to Patty boy.

Nope, Robertson is much more frightening. This guy gets 20 kids in a classroom or a couple hundred people at a speech and he gets fired if he offends the wrong people. Robertson's only worry is if he pisses off Hugo Chavez badly enough where Chavez tries to assassinate him instead of the other way around. ;)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:15 pm

Did Pat Robertson do anything to make him famous or is he just famous for being insane?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:12 pm

I watched a bit of the Eichmann trial a few years ago on TV and one of the more striking bits of evidence was that, in response to his attempt to defense that he was 'just following orders', they went through thousands of written orders he'd issued and only found about dozen where he referenced any orders he'd received.

I highly doubt that the sort of people at the higher levels of the companies on top of the WTC (which, I presume, is at whom Churchill's comments are aimed) would have been the types who did not ask LOTS of questions to get where they were and stay there. Whatever one feels about globalization and capitalism, it's farther from Eichmann than Churchill's silly comments would suggest. Off w/ his head!!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:26 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:I watched a bit of the Eichmann trial a few years ago on TV and one of the more striking bits of evidence was that, in response to his attempt to defense that he was 'just following orders', they went through thousands of written orders he'd issued and only found about dozen where he referenced any orders he'd received.

I highly doubt that the sort of people at the higher levels of the companies on top of the WTC (which, I presume, is at whom Churchill's comments are aimed) would have been the types who did not ask LOTS of questions to get where they were and stay there. Whatever one feels about globalization and capitalism, it's farther from Eichmann than Churchill's silly comments would suggest. Off w/ his head!!

Ok the guy does look like he dropped way to much acid in the 60's. It's almost as if he's thinking too deep on this one. But still people threatening to kill him is a little over the top. What are we talking about again?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:31 pm

acsguitar wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:I watched a bit of the Eichmann trial a few years ago on TV and one of the more striking bits of evidence was that, in response to his attempt to defense that he was 'just following orders', they went through thousands of written orders he'd issued and only found about dozen where he referenced any orders he'd received.

Ok the guy does look like he dropped way to much acid in the 60's. It's almost as if he's thinking too deep on this one. But still people threatening to kill him is a little over the top. What are we talking about again?

I think that Churchill's 'point' (sic), is that the people in the WTC, particularly those in the top floors like Aon and Goldman Sachs, participate in the exploitation of the third world in a manner similar to the Nazis.

I don't agree w/ that. There was quite a bit more government meddling w/ industry in Germany during the 30s, and letting the guys who backed Hitler run the show. The current band of bloodthirsty capitalists are different than the Germans in the 30s and, even though I am inclined towards the left, I don't agree that comparing them to Nazis is very valid. I was sort of trying to 'debate' Churchill w/o just saying that he's a tool and should lose his tenure. He is too old school and makes the rest of us lefties look bad w/ his blatherings....I wasn't really suggesting that we cut his head off, it was more of a metaphorical suggestion that he is a dead weight on the revolution and needs to be put out to pasture.

And, for me, it was the 80s, not the 60s... ;-D :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk