Please, everyone take this poll (How much ball did you play? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Please, everyone take this poll (How much ball did you play?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How far did you get in baseball?

Never played
4%
tee ball
7%
coach pitched to me
15%
real baseball (through high school)
59%
college ball
10%
minor leagues
1%
some major leagues
1%
I've played serious MLB ball (If you lie, you suck)
3%

Total votes : 92

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:07 pm

I played up till college and decided I didn't wanna spend my college playing baseball.

During High School I would play around 70 games a year.

Travel teams, Highschool summer team, and american legion.

I made american legion All Stars for the DC area. Joe Saunders AAA Angels was on my team. He 2 hit our team when I faced him in the regular season but I got a hit.

I got to face Seth McClung in high school as well and I feel like I may have faced either Jeff Francis or Jason Bay as we played the Canadian national team or something and they destroyed us.

Currently I play in a 18+ Wood bat league which is very competitive. Our team at one point this year had 5 minor leaguers. One of them Brad Stiles was AA Cubs last year.

The wood bat league is by far the most fun I've ever had playing baseball ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Surfs up » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:13 pm

I played HS baseball and was Allstate at third base. I was alot like Brandon Inge. I had a great glove and strong arm.. Hit for power. But had a lousy batting average.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 183)

Postby MrSnider » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:18 pm

I had a pretty good knuckler through HS.
MrSnider
College Coach
College Coach

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:24 pm

I played high school baseball, and had a few bites and offers of college scholarships. But a blown out knee during my high school senior season ended any chance of a scholarship going my way. If I had went ahead and had knee surgery, I possibly would have still gotten a scholarship. But I was hard headed :*) and wanted to help my high school team win the state championship, so I bandaged the thing up for the rest of the year and finished out the season even though my average took a huge hit due to the injury. I still think about that decision today, but I would not go back and change it as those last 2 months of my senior season in baseball were absolutely great. During college, I tried to get back in shape enough to give the baseball team a try once again, but my knee just could not handle the pressure, so I finally had to give up my dream.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Jury » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:57 pm

Just high school ball here ;-)
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers