What has happened to A-Rod's keeper value? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What has happened to A-Rod's keeper value?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What has happened to A-Rod's keeper value?

Postby bellings » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:07 am

There has been a lot of talk about A-Rod falling out of the top 2 stops in redraft leagues. I think that it is pretty clear that he's not even close to a top 2 in keeper leagues. My question is, is he even the top 3B anymore in a keeper league? Do you think that Wright and/or Cabrera have passed him? A-Rod a stud still, top 10 keeper, but I think that Wright and Cabrera have passed him. Thoughts?
bellings
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WittyC » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:48 am

Wright is close to passing him, but I don't think Miggy has more value in a keeper -- not yet at least. Either way, I'd be hard pressed not to have A-Rod as the #3 keeper behind Pujols and Johan. There are a lot of guys pushing on A-Rod, but he's still only 31, and he's got a at least three or four 40+ HR, 120+ RBI, 15+ SB seasons ahead of him.
Is there anything fluffier than a cloud?
If there is, I don't want to know about it.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby noseeum » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:21 am

After all Arod has done in the past ten years, you'll put Wright ahead of him after only 1 1/2 seasons?

No way. Just sit tight and check at the end of the year.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bellings » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:31 am

noseeum wrote:After all Arod has done in the past ten years, you'll put Wright ahead of him after only 1 1/2 seasons?

I love your response, even though I disagree and still put Wright in front of A-Rod. This is why it's controversially.
bellings
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby noseeum » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:38 am

bellings wrote:
noseeum wrote:After all Arod has done in the past ten years, you'll put Wright ahead of him after only 1 1/2 seasons?

I love your response, even though I disagree and still put Wright in front of A-Rod. This is why it's controversially.

The way I look at it, Arod is a once in a generation type player. I don't knock those guys off too quickly. Wright will have to prove he's that first.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TB13 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:21 pm

Nothing has happened to his value. He is still a top 3 player.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Laean » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:35 pm

there are SO MANY underperforming 1st rounders this year, i think arod is still a top 2 pick. the ONLY possible change in my mind is that he could be a consensus #2 from now on behind pujols, instead of being 1 and 1a with him.

as for a keeper league, i think it's still too soon to say wright or mcab have surpassed arod as the top #3. though it's very possible, mcab might never be more than a 30-35 110-120 .300-.310 type hitter. he's hit 33 the past 2 years. he's having a horrible june and is on pace for less than 33 homers i believe. i think wright is certainly a lock for 30+ 15-20 .290-.320 for many years, but arod's done 45+ 140+ 15+ .300+ before, and it's not like he's too old to get a few more of those years.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Geek » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:47 pm

1. Wright
2. A-Rod
3. McCab

Of course, if McCab goes to a better ballpark/lineup, all bets are off.

There's no way that A-Rod should be ranked higher than Johann Santana, who's been a top 10 player in each of the past three years (2004-2006), whereas A-Rod wasn't a top 10 player in 2004 and won't be in 2006.

A-Rod is probably settling into late 1st round/early second round production. 120/35/115/15 numbers. Great numbers, but not a monster like he was in Texas.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:00 pm

bellings wrote:

Go ahead and put Wright there. I mean Arod hasn't done much in his career :-D

Arod is ahead of Wright
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Drunken Rhino » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:03 pm

If I had the #2 pick, I'd take A-rod. I Wright has been very consistent the time he has been up, but I'm not going to argue w/ a career of consistency like A-rod has put up.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers