Return to General Talk

N.B.A. Draft.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:42 pm

w.e the raps leafs and jays will win it all in the next season for each.. ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 406)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:43 pm

The fact that Dee Brown is listed as 6 foot is laughable.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:29 am

My mock draft just blew up after the top 6, so many surprises... :-°

I liked Colangelo's picks (Bargnani and Tucker). Bargnani is a 7 foot 250 pound monster who has a great offensive combination of a long range shot, good low post moves, and enough dribbling skills to get by the other 4's and 5's that will usually cover him. In a way, he almost compares to Dirk. With Bosh, CV, and Bargnani out there next year, we'll definitely be a very good offensive team with all of the mismatches that can be created with those guys on the perimeter. It's just up to Colangelo to find us a PG to dish them the ball as Mike James is leaving.

Tucker was also a steal at 35. He was arguably the best player on Longhorns last year (yes, even better than Aldridge), and won the Big 12 Player of the Year for his production. At only 6'5, he actually even out-rebounded Aldridge last year. He brings the toughness and intensity that this team has been lacking...well...since the playoff years (and it's even debatable whether it was around then). Definitely a good pick.

Overall I'd grade the Raptors draft an A-, as a I fully believe in Colangelo's ability to evaluate players. Trades are definitely coming in the near future of this team, however. At the moment, the Raptors have only 3 guards, and 9 forwards/centers, something has to be changed here.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:00 am

Everyone get on the Bargnani Bandwagon!
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 283)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:32 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Everyone get on the Bargnani Bandwagon!

Ummm. No.

They will regret passing on Morrison.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:06 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:The fact that Dee Brown is listed as 6 foot is laughable.

I wouldn't really doubt that. I'm in Champaign and have seen him around town and am about 5' 11" and he's a bit taller than I am. not a ton but an inch at least.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:29 am

raiders_umpire wrote:

Ummm. No.

If Mossison gets 30 shots a game he can be a good scorer but he won't see the ball nearly as much in the pros. He also can't play defence. Oh, and he'll also need his own little guy with a towel to follow him around and mop up after him :-b

Even if Bargnani never develops an inside presence at least he'll still have a sweet shot and the ability to block and alter shots on the defensive side. This draft sucked for having the #1 overall pick and every player had flaws, Bargnani at least has good upside.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 283)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:28 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

Ummm. No.

If Mossison gets 30 shots a game he can be a good scorer but he won't see the ball nearly as much in the pros. He also can't play defence. Oh, and he'll also need his own little guy with a towel to follow him around and mop up after him :-b

Even if Bargnani never develops an inside presence at least he'll still have a sweet shot and the ability to block and alter shots on the defensive side. This draft sucked for having the #1 overall pick and every player had flaws, Bargnani at least has good upside.

Was there really anybody in this draft that could play defense besides Williams? ;-)

Morrison can flat out shoot the ball, so he will get his points next year. Plus when you add that Felton is probably the best shooter on the Bobcats team !+) , I think that Morrison will get plenty of shot attempts. There is just too many questions about Bargnani to pass on somebody that did average 28 points a game in college last year. Yes I realize Morrison played against some weak competition in the northwest, but he still averaged 28 points a game. You just can't take some scrub off the street and score 28 points a game night in and night out. Bargnani is a project imo and Bosh(should have gone to UNC :,-( ) deserves somebody a bit better to take the load off of him for next year, not 3 years from now.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:58 am

I don't get the Houston trade at all.... :-?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:16 pm

Mookie, I'm with you on Bargnani. Join the bandwagon! :-b
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk