My team is dominating the league, look and learn - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My team is dominating the league, look and learn

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My team is dominating the league, look and learn

Postby A's » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:02 pm

Here is my team, I am crushing my opponents every week in a 5x5 12 team league. Batting:

C B. McCann, C K. Johjima-just picked him up after a homerun tear

1B/OF N. Swisher- drafted him, even suprised me

2B D. Uggla, 2B T. Iguchi - picked him for ailing uggla

3B E. Chávez, 3B/1B A. Huff - picked him up for slumping chavez

SS J. Reyes- mid season traded for him, speed demon

Util T. Hafner- drafted him, one more start and he'll be 1B elig.

OF/1B L. Berkman - preseason trade, RBI machine

OF J. Bay- drafted him, helped me a lot during his HR streak

OF G. Sizemore- drafted him, 5 tool stud

Pitching
SP Jo. Santana- drafted him
SP A. Pettitte - drafted him, hopefully clemens will help
SP B. Webb- traded for,
SP C. Young - traded for
SP E. Bedard -traded for
SP H. Kim- picked him up a couple of days ago after two solid starts
RP B. Ryan - drafted him
RP B. Fuentes- drafted him
RP JJ Putz- picked him up after guardado got demoted
RP A. Benitez- just picked him up from waiver

And Here are my most recent trades:
-----My Abreu & Rollins for his J. Reyes & B. Webb-------
>>>My C. Lee for his C. Young<<<<
===My Sexson for his Rollins====
~~~My J. Kent & K. Griffey Jr for his L. Berkmann & Sexson~~~

LEAVE A LINK FOR ME TO HELP YOU TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A's
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shizane » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:38 pm

Ignore my post on my team page...I found your team A's

Well, for a 12 person league, this is pretty darn good. Definitely a great mix of speed, power and average. I can see why you are winning.

However, the reason you are crushing you opponents and are in 1st place and I am just getting ready to make a run is as follows: my team has underperformed to this point whereas you have a lot of overachievers.

Take Swisher and Webb for example. They are having monster years this year. Their prior years stats have not been that indicative of what is happening this year. My team has a lot of guys that have yet to get going for whatever reason (ex. D-Lee b/c of injury, Clemens b/c he just came back, etc.). If you look at the historical (and current) performance of the players involved on both of our teams, I bet we'd be pretty evenly matched.

Overall, I really like your team for a 12 team league. The only real weaknesses I see are SP (only because C. Young & Webb are pitching like absolute studs this year and they haven't really been this dominant in the past) and 1B with Swisher (again, not a lot of history there to support his current performance). I always try and acquire talent based upon historical performance (Carl Crawford is a great example......clearly a top 12 pick but I got him when he was slumping early on via trade). Sorry for the lengthy commentary. Good luck the rest of this season!
Shizane
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:55 pm

me and this other guy that replied think a lot alike. I have had the same problem. i had sheffield, lee, clemens, and half my outfield underperforming but now my team is starting to play like it should.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1920)

Postby A's » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:50 am

I see what you guys are saying, but reality is, that players get go thru phases and change, for example your D. Lee he has never been as great since last year, and with Clemens time has caught up with him, perfect example Bonds, I live in Bay area and see this guy play a lot and he isn't the great hitter he used to be. Fantasy Baseball is all about predicting top prospects, I drafted swisher when he was ranked 178 in yahoo rankings. Taking a chance he might be good,
And what about Ryan Howard he has more value than some of the top ten picks. I would rather take howard over crawford, why because it's baseball ethics. Thinking to myself howard is in a better lineup and has shown glimpses of all star caliber player.
Bottomline it's not about how the player produced, because things like contract year's and one year wonder's and ball parks play a role, If beltre is reading this, then you know what i am talking about. And if you are B. Giles reading this you are probably cursing Petco Park. But luck plays a role too. But it is mostly your baseball knowledge that will be the reason you are winning,knowing what trades or pickups are beneficial, thanks for leaving comments.
Last edited by A's on Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
A's
College Coach
College Coach

Postby A's » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:01 am

um...bump
A's
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team