better rest of the year pedro,carpenter or c.zambrano? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

better rest of the year pedro,carpenter or c.zambrano?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

better rest of the year pedro,carpenter or c.zambrano?

Postby coronaman » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:55 pm

who will be better the rest of the year...standard head to head ten team league....
and i quote jack black "LET'S GET ROCKIN"
coronaman
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 189
Joined: 31 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:11 pm

I'd say Carpenter, Pedro, CZam. I'm basing this on the assumption that Pedro's nagging injuries catch up with him a bit and that the Cubs continue to suck badly. I actually think that CZam will put up the better era/whip/k numbers then any of the guys on the list but it's hard to win when your team doesn't score and your bullpen squanders your leads.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby Laean » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:12 pm

i think carlos zambrano is a step below the other two.

between pedro and carpenter, i'd normally go with carpenter, but he just has to start getting in a groove again. after that DL stint, he's been inconsistent and not up to his standards. not to say he's been bad, it just goes to show how good he can be that his current level of play is even questionable.

basically, i think pedro seems to be on a roll this year, and i don't think he'll slow down really. the mets want to win, pedro wants to win, they are doing well, etc.

the cards got edmonds who looks like is declining, pujols is like 70% of their offense (the other 30% being rolen), pujols himself was on DL, mulder on DL, etc.

bottom line, carpenter is capable of being more dominating i think, but it just doesn't look like this is the year he's going to roll with it. on the other hand, this looks like pedro's year to me.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2595
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:16 pm

Pedro
Carpenter

CZam
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby jh2031 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:19 pm

Pedro (better offense = more wins)

Carpenter

CZam
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1320
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:19 pm

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
Image
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 24316
(Past Year: 461)
Joined: 15 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Pittsburgh at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Houston at Texas
(8:05 pm)

Sunday, Aug. 31

Cleveland at Cody
(8:07 pm)
indoors

Monday, Sep. 22

Arizona at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact