not so much fantasy baseball as...well, just read it - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

not so much fantasy baseball as...well, just read it

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:49 am

I lost interest last year with the Alomonte incident. Sad when you have to resort to cheating in little league :-/ .
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:28 am

Madison wrote:I lost interest last year with the Alomonte incident. Sad when you have to resort to cheating in little league :-/ .

i wholeheartedly agree. usually any type of curve or a pitch with break on it cause the arm trouble. split fingers, changeups, sinkers, etc. are fine. curves, sliders, screwballs, etc. are not. a knuckler is borderline, because it's an odd movement but you don't snap your wrists or twist your arm doing it.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:29 am

Knuckleballs are actually easiest on your arm because there's no snapping of the elbow, it's all fingertips, and knuckleballs aren't thrown as hard. Tim Wakefield, the most well-known knuckleball pitcher today, hasn't had any arm problems (I think he's had back problems). Wakefield threw 160 pitches in a game a few years ago but throwing knuckleballs, it's like playing an easy game of catch, since you don't throw hard and you're not putting torque on your elbow.

Every kid pitching in the LLWS is throwing curveballs, some throw sliders (which is hell on arms). These kids are 12 years old. Nolan Ryan didn't throw a curveball until he was 19 years old, and pitched in the bigs until he was 46.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby DK » Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:39 pm

Anonymous wrote:Knuckleballs are actually easiest on your arm because there's no snapping of the elbow, it's all fingertips, and knuckleballs aren't thrown as hard. Tim Wakefield, the most well-known knuckleball pitcher today, hasn't had any arm problems (I think he's had back problems). Wakefield threw 160 pitches in a game a few years ago but throwing knuckleballs, it's like playing an easy game of catch, since you don't throw hard and you're not putting torque on your elbow.

Every kid pitching in the LLWS is throwing curveballs, some throw sliders (which is hell on arms). These kids are 12 years old. Nolan Ryan didn't throw a curveball until he was 19 years old, and pitched in the bigs until he was 46.

good point...but don't forget carpal tunnel syndrome. :-D its better than TJ i guess.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers