I could've had Santana but noooo I chose Teixiera. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I could've had Santana but noooo I chose Teixiera.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I could've had Santana but noooo I chose Teixiera.

Postby hpham45 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:59 am

My team is awesome but I could only imagine how much more potent it would've been had I chosen Santana over Teixera. I literally let the clock tick down to the wire because I couldn't figure out who I should use my first round (#5 overall) pick on.

I'm currently in first but not by much. Any ideas on what my team needs are? I would love to move Teixeira for someone decent if I could.

H2H NON-KEEPER ROSTER

C: Martin
1B: Teixeira
2B: Roberts
3B: Wright
SS: Rollins
OF: Bay, Dye, Ca. Lee
Util:Morneau, Cantu
BN: Helton

SP: Peavy, Kazmir, Liriano, Jer. Weaver, Halladay, Buehrle, Burnett, Reyes

RP: K-Rod, Wagner, Fuentes
hpham45
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

teixeira

Postby jake_harv88 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:34 am

ok look i am a teixeira owner as well. Dont be angered. You should be ecstatic. If you are in first WITHOUT your 1st round guy, then imagine where you will be when he starts performing up to snuff. Dont trade him now because you wont get fair value for him. Hes bound to turn it around, just be patient. Your team is stacked, i would be thrilled if i were you. Fantasy baseball is not about drafting all the right players, its about how you manage your team when your top picks dont perform the way they should...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Geek » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:25 am

Santana should be the #2 guy off the board next year. He's the only guy besides Pujols who you can count on to provide top 10 value.

And, he's light years ahead of the next best SP.

But, Teix should improve, so you're in pretty good shape.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jmerr1127 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:46 am

im a tex owner as well on a few teams, one of which i moved and was somehow able to obtain soriano from him, how i dont know, but tex is starting to heat up his last 10 games, dont move him, because your team really doesnt have any holes. plus your in first place without him, once he becomes the tex of old youll be completely set, also you wont be able to get his full value in a trade.

ps jerred weaver was sent down to the minors a few weeks ago why dont you drop him and add someone active
-J-
jmerr1127
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:43 pm

How deep is the league and what's the scoring format?

Assuming this is a 12 team or more 5x5 h2h league I wouldn't change a thing other than benching Cantu for Helton.

I was going to suggest dealing Roberts or Rollins in a shallow league packaged with a player to upgrade at a position but honestly I like everyone on your team at this point too much to even suggest that. I'd just stand pat. You've got several guys that are stepping things up this year (Wright, Dye, Morneau, Kazmir, Liriano, Weaver, Reyes, Fuentes) but all of those guys are for real. No reason to try and sell high on them.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Redlegs » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:07 pm

lol im on the other side of your draft situation. i had #4 pick and chose santana over tex and others. i was not pleased with santana's start, but after that first month he has proven to be worth it and i have no regrets.

for your situation, hold onto tex, he is in a great lineup, great hitters ballpark and should come around. as said above, you won't get good value for him now anyway.

hope that helps.
Redlegs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:25 pm

I only see one weakness at catcher. I am not sold on an unproven catcher. I wonder if you offered cantu and martin could you get mauer. then your team would be unstoppable.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1920)

Postby hpham45 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:38 pm

I got Willingham on the waivers. He's batting in a good spot for a streaking Marlins team. Would you pick up Willingham instead? Cantu + Martin won't get me Mauer. I play in a 9 team league so everyone's team is somewhat solid.
hpham45
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team