Superman Returns - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Superman Returns

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby soxfan364 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:39 pm

Really? I enjoyed all 3 X-men, though aren't parts of all super hero/comic movies ridiculous? Anyway Superman looks decent, I am also looking forward to Spiderman 3

Laean wrote:
x-men 1 was ok. 2 was good. 3 sucked. clunky, awkward, ridiculous.
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Laean » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:26 pm

soxfan364 wrote:Really? I enjoyed all 3 X-men, though aren't parts of all super hero/comic movies ridiculous? Anyway Superman looks decent, I am also looking forward to Spiderman 3

Laean wrote:
x-men 1 was ok. 2 was good. 3 sucked. clunky, awkward, ridiculous.

xmen 3 was just not well made. it had horribly clunky transitions from one scene to another, horrible dialogue, etc. bret ratner is like a kid that thought up "ooh, that scene would be COOL!" "oh wait, and lets take it further and he does that too that'll be COOLER!" and just patched up a bunch of cool looking scenes without thinking about the other things that make a movie work, like uh ... everything else.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:09 am

sort of a hi-jack, but did anyone see the Ghost Rider trailer? what a steaming turd of a movie that looks like it will be :-P
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby josebach » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:39 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:sort of a hi-jack, but did anyone see the Ghost Rider trailer? what a steaming turd of a movie that looks like it will be :-P

I saw the preview on Yahoo trailers and it does look pretty damn stupid. What happened to Nicolas Cage anyway?

Nic Cage's movies have really gone down hill, although World Trade Center looks really good. I guess I liked The Weather Man also.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:42 am

josebach wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:sort of a hi-jack, but did anyone see the Ghost Rider trailer? what a steaming turd of a movie that looks like it will be :-P

I saw the preview on Yahoo trailers and it does look pretty damn stupid. What happened to Nicolas Cage anyway?

Nic Cage's movies have really gone down hill, although World Trade Center looks really good. I guess I liked The Weather Man also.

I like National Treasure. Not great but fine for what it was. Lord of War was OK to.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 453)

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:56 am

josebach wrote:

I thought The Weather Man was a borefest; garbage rendered on celluloid at the expense of the two hours it stole from my life. I hated it.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Laean » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:34 pm

yeah i thought The Weather Man was pretty boring too.

Lord of War was good.

for me, it's either all or nothing with nicolas cage. i either like him a lot (Snake Eyes, Lord of War, Matchstick Men) or hate him (Con Air, Windtalkers).
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:49 pm

What about Adaptation? Probably the only Nicholas Cage movie I really liked.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:05 pm

Coppermine wrote:What about Adaptation? Probably the only Nicholas Cage movie I really liked.

what about Raising Arizona?

i'll admit to liking Face-Off and the Rock, but i've just never seen the appeal of Nick Cage: Action Hero
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:07 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:What about Adaptation? Probably the only Nicholas Cage movie I really liked.

what about Raising Arizona?

i'll admit to liking Face-Off and the Rock, but i've just never seen the appeal of Nick Cage: Action Hero

Yeah, Raising Arizon was very good. Back when the Cohen Bros. were making good movies. I knew i'd left a few oldies out, but recently he's been disappointing.

ConAir? yeah, worst southern accent EVER.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk