0,0,1,2,1,0 tonight. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

0,0,1,2,1,0 tonight.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

0,0,1,2,1,0 tonight.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:59 pm

those are chris youngs earned runs in his last 6 starts(conveniently since i picked him up, though i saw none of this coming).

can someone explain where this is coming from? was he a highly touted prospect? and can we expect him to, maybe not keep this up, but maybe perform as a top 15 pitcher from here on out?
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Re: 0,0,1,2,1,0 tonight.

Postby jbauer2485 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:09 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:those are chris youngs earned runs in his last 6 starts(conveniently since i picked him up, though i saw none of this coming).

can someone explain where this is coming from? was he a highly touted prospect? and can we expect him to, maybe not keep this up, but maybe perform as a top 15 pitcher from here on out?


I expected this(false), that is why I drafted him(true).
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1572
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tiki Barber's Barber » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:17 am

I don't know much about him, but since he did very well last year in texas, I had high hopes for him this year in san diego.
Image
Tiki Barber's Barber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 361
Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 0,0,1,2,1,0 tonight.

Postby CeeLoGreen » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:25 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:those are chris youngs earned runs in his last 6 starts(conveniently since i picked him up, though i saw none of this coming).

can someone explain where this is coming from? was he a highly touted prospect? and can we expect him to, maybe not keep this up, but maybe perform as a top 15 pitcher from here on out?


I am not in a league that he wasn't drafted in. How was he available???

Unfortunately, I missed out on him in all but one league. He did well in Texas and a move to pitcher friendly Petco Park and this could have been forseen, but hindsight is 20/20.
Basically I'm complicated.
I have a hard time taking the easy way
I wouldn't call it schizophrenia
But Ill be at least two people today

If that's OK

And I can go on, and on, and on...

But who cares?
CeeLoGreen
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2534
Joined: 22 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Where Ever I'm At

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:42 am

The funny things are that he's pitched well on the road (including in Coors) but has pitched poorly at Petco for most of the year (the last 6 or so starts excluded) and get this...Petco is now HOME RUN NEUTRAL! Home runs there are up 33% this year that makes it ever so slightly home run favorable (just barely over a 1.000 park factor for home runs). I expected Young to be a solid #3 guy this year but he's pitching much better than that up to this point.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby RynMan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:46 am

The Loveable Losers wrote:The funny things are that he's pitched well on the road (including in Coors) but has pitched poorly at Petco for most of the year (the last 6 or so starts excluded) and get this...Petco is now HOME RUN NEUTRAL! Home runs there are up 33% this year that makes it ever so slightly home run favorable (just barely over a 1.000 park factor for home runs). I expected Young to be a solid #3 guy this year but he's pitching much better than that up to this point.


That's year to year park factors for ya I guess (also limited sample to a degree). !+)
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:53 am

RynMan wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:The funny things are that he's pitched well on the road (including in Coors) but has pitched poorly at Petco for most of the year (the last 6 or so starts excluded) and get this...Petco is now HOME RUN NEUTRAL! Home runs there are up 33% this year that makes it ever so slightly home run favorable (just barely over a 1.000 park factor for home runs). I expected Young to be a solid #3 guy this year but he's pitching much better than that up to this point.


That's year to year park factors for ya I guess (also limited sample to a degree). !+)


Here's the full story from Rotowire by the way:

Home runs are up 33 percent at Petco Park this season, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune. Several factors might be responsible, including unusually hot and humid weather, new downtown construction which might have influenced air flow, and the fact that the right-center field fence was moved in nine feet from last season. Petco is playing more evenly this season, and not strictly as a pitcher's park. This is good news if you own any Padre batters.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby Niffoc4 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:18 am

Yeah, I had high hopes for Young this year, as he pitched well in Texas last year, especially if one excluded the hottest summer months (where few people pitch well) in Texas, but he has pitched even better than I hoped.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1700
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spacehamster01 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:18 am

Is Young a Sell High, or Hold on? At first after those 2 REALLY good starts I thought he was a sell high, but now he's making me think otherwise.
spacehamster01
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1057
Joined: 28 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Probably Watching Baseball

Postby CadensDad » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:42 am

spacehamster01 wrote:Is Young a Sell High, or Hold on? At first after those 2 REALLY good starts I thought he was a sell high, but now he's making me think otherwise.


I see him as a HOLD guy, the name wont bring you much value yet. The numbers might look shocking (Which they are.) I say ride the cheap pony until it fall's aprt or becomes a purebreed.
Image

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5977
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ray Zorback and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(1:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(4:05 pm)
Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact