0,0,1,2,1,0 tonight. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

0,0,1,2,1,0 tonight.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

0,0,1,2,1,0 tonight.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:59 pm

those are chris youngs earned runs in his last 6 starts(conveniently since i picked him up, though i saw none of this coming).

can someone explain where this is coming from? was he a highly touted prospect? and can we expect him to, maybe not keep this up, but maybe perform as a top 15 pitcher from here on out?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 0,0,1,2,1,0 tonight.

Postby jbauer2485 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:09 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:those are chris youngs earned runs in his last 6 starts(conveniently since i picked him up, though i saw none of this coming).

can someone explain where this is coming from? was he a highly touted prospect? and can we expect him to, maybe not keep this up, but maybe perform as a top 15 pitcher from here on out?

I expected this(false), that is why I drafted him(true).
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Tiki Barber's Barber » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:17 am

I don't know much about him, but since he did very well last year in texas, I had high hopes for him this year in san diego.
Tiki Barber's Barber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: 0,0,1,2,1,0 tonight.

Postby CeeLoGreen » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:25 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:those are chris youngs earned runs in his last 6 starts(conveniently since i picked him up, though i saw none of this coming).

I am not in a league that he wasn't drafted in. How was he available???

Unfortunately, I missed out on him in all but one league. He did well in Texas and a move to pitcher friendly Petco Park and this could have been forseen, but hindsight is 20/20.
Basically I'm complicated.
I have a hard time taking the easy way
I wouldn't call it schizophrenia
But Ill be at least two people today

If that's OK

And I can go on, and on, and on...

But who cares?
CeeLoGreen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:42 am

The funny things are that he's pitched well on the road (including in Coors) but has pitched poorly at Petco for most of the year (the last 6 or so starts excluded) and get this...Petco is now HOME RUN NEUTRAL! Home runs there are up 33% this year that makes it ever so slightly home run favorable (just barely over a 1.000 park factor for home runs). I expected Young to be a solid #3 guy this year but he's pitching much better than that up to this point.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby RynMan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:46 am

The Loveable Losers wrote:The funny things are that he's pitched well on the road (including in Coors) but has pitched poorly at Petco for most of the year (the last 6 or so starts excluded) and get this...Petco is now HOME RUN NEUTRAL! Home runs there are up 33% this year that makes it ever so slightly home run favorable (just barely over a 1.000 park factor for home runs). I expected Young to be a solid #3 guy this year but he's pitching much better than that up to this point.

That's year to year park factors for ya I guess (also limited sample to a degree). !+)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:53 am

RynMan wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:The funny things are that he's pitched well on the road (including in Coors) but has pitched poorly at Petco for most of the year (the last 6 or so starts excluded) and get this...Petco is now HOME RUN NEUTRAL! Home runs there are up 33% this year that makes it ever so slightly home run favorable (just barely over a 1.000 park factor for home runs). I expected Young to be a solid #3 guy this year but he's pitching much better than that up to this point.

That's year to year park factors for ya I guess (also limited sample to a degree). !+)

Here's the full story from Rotowire by the way:

Home runs are up 33 percent at Petco Park this season, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune. Several factors might be responsible, including unusually hot and humid weather, new downtown construction which might have influenced air flow, and the fact that the right-center field fence was moved in nine feet from last season. Petco is playing more evenly this season, and not strictly as a pitcher's park. This is good news if you own any Padre batters.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Niffoc4 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:18 am

Yeah, I had high hopes for Young this year, as he pitched well in Texas last year, especially if one excluded the hottest summer months (where few people pitch well) in Texas, but he has pitched even better than I hoped.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby spacehamster01 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:18 am

Is Young a Sell High, or Hold on? At first after those 2 REALLY good starts I thought he was a sell high, but now he's making me think otherwise.
spacehamster01
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CadensDad » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:42 am

spacehamster01 wrote:Is Young a Sell High, or Hold on? At first after those 2 REALLY good starts I thought he was a sell high, but now he's making me think otherwise.

I see him as a HOLD guy, the name wont bring you much value yet. The numbers might look shocking (Which they are.) I say ride the cheap pony until it fall's aprt or becomes a purebreed.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers