Who is the major supplier of crude oil to the U.S.??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Who is the major supplier of crude oil to the U.S.???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:18 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:Gigabarrel = 1 billions barrels

One metric ton of crude oil equals:

* 2,204 pounds
* 7.46 barrels of domestic crude oil
* 6.99 barrels of foreign crude oil

Russian Oil estimates estimates [Granberg et al., 1993; Malovitski et al., 1994] :

Potential recoverable hydrocarbon resources of the Russian continental shelves are estimated within 90 to 100 billion tons of oil equivalent.

95*7.46 = about 700 billion potential bbls in Russian continental shelves (this does not account for all of Russia, much of Russia has not been prospected)

By the way - welcome to the Cafe, my man! You've got your head about you (apparently), and you seem to speak from a position of information. That's not always the case around here.

Keep up this level of conversation and you'll do fine. ;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:35 pm

knapplc wrote:By the way - welcome to the Cafe, my man! You've got your head about you (apparently), and you seem to speak from a position of information. That's not always the case around here.

Thank you.

Well I'm used to disregarding the crap and paying attention to the higher quality, which seems to be in good supply here as well. I can tell it's going to take some getting used to being average amongst the excellent, versus excellent amongst the average. But why would I want participate in anything less? :-)
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Laean » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:20 pm

stomperrob wrote:
SkeetNation wrote:My point is nobody knows what country is #1 for shoes but know that its a certain region that sends them here.

It isn't an indictment of American intelligence, just a question.

So America doesn't know what country supplies the most oil, I bet they don't know which state supplies the most beef something just as essential as the oil that we use on a daily basis. Does that make them dumb?

No it doesn't make them dumb - what is your problem??? The whole point was that the answer surprised most Americans, they don't realize what a major supplier Canada is. Get off your high horse and stop reading so much into my post. Nowhere did I intend to imply that Americans were dumb and you seem to be the only one who got that message somehow.
Lighten up for gawd's sake - you're obviously new around here so you don't know the members or the nature of their posts or you wouldn't overreact like this. Get to know the posts and the posters before you fly off the handle.

woah there. HE'S overreacting? stop being so defensive. i don't think he meant anything by it to you. just making a point / adding on to the discussion. if you don't agree, or think it's irrelevant, just tell him so.

as to original post, i guessed saudi arabia.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:19 am

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
knapplc wrote:By the way - welcome to the Cafe, my man! You've got your head about you (apparently), and you seem to speak from a position of information. That's not always the case around here.

Thank you.

Well I'm used to disregarding the crap and paying attention to the higher quality, which seems to be in good supply here as well. I can tell it's going to take some getting used to being average amongst the excellent, versus excellent amongst the average. But why would I want participate in anything less? :-)

Fuhgettaboutit!

Now lets head on over to Sacriali's and get us soma gabagool!

(It's ok, I'm Italian :-D )
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk