Dioner Navarro to Tampa Bay - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dioner Navarro to Tampa Bay

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dioner Navarro to Tampa Bay

Postby J35J » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:01 pm

Just heard it on the radio, don't have a link. I'm sure someone will come up with it though!!

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:04 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5735192

The Dodgers have acquired left-hander Mark Hendrickson and catcher Toby Hall from the Devil Rays for right-hander Jae Seo, catcher Dioner Navarro and a player to be named, FOXSports.com has learned.

Hendrickson, 4-8 with a 3.81 ERA, joins a rotation that has featured only two consistent starters, right-handers Derek Lowe and Brad Penny. Hall gives the team protection in the event of an injury to rookie Russell Martin or veteran backup Sandy Alomar Jr.

"He's a great fifth starter," a scout says of Hendrickson, 32, who is 6 foot 9, 230 pounds. "He's durable. He's tall. He's very deceptive. Guys get bad swings on him. His stuff isn't great, but at the end of the day you look up and say, "He's not that bad."

Seo, 2-4 with a 5.78 ERA, was dropped from the Dodgers' rotation in May and has been pitching out of the bullpen. The Devil Rays could keep Seo — he is not be eligible for arbitration until after this season — or spin him to another club.

The Mets have shown interest in re-acquiring Seo, 29, whom they traded to the Dodgers along with reliever Tim Hamulack last January for relievers Duaner Sanchez and Steve Schmoll.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:08 pm

I sure am going to miss Tubby Hall, was one of those players I liked on the team. That said I like the trade as we probably wouldn't of kept Hall long term (at least that is the impression I got) and Navarro gives us a young catching prospect for the future. Hendrickson and Seo are basically a wash IMO, both are about the same as long as each are healthy.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:12 pm

Blah. I was rooting for a little more for Hendrickson. He is definitely not great, but I was at least hoping for a future arm in return, but maybe the PTBNL will be somebody worth it. I wonder if this sets up Jackson with a spot in the rotation or if Stokes will get the rotation spot.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Trot Nixon » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:21 pm

Hall=Red Sox KILLER! Glad to see him go ;-D
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:23 pm

hmm...i think the dodgers gave up too much here. although seo has been sucking, i figured something must be wrong with him cuz he was pretty good in NY and pitched well in the WBC. and hendrickson, wasnt this guy having arm/elbow problems this year? also it may be too early to give up on navarro, he was like a top catcher prospect and martin might not keep it up in LA.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby tribefan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:27 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:hmm...i think the dodgers gave up too much here. although seo has been sucking, i figured something must be wrong with him cuz he was pretty good in NY and pitched well in the WBC. and hendrickson, wasnt this guy having arm/elbow problems this year? also it may be too early to give up on navarro, he was like a top catcher prospect and martin might not keep it up in LA.

As a dodger fan, you should already know that martin passed navarro long ago. Navarro can't hit or play defense. Martin is the real thing.
tribefan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby d18Mike » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:32 pm

The stuff of great trades, folks -- two great GM minds at work here: "A catcher and pitcher I can't stand for a pitcher and catcher you can't stand.

Looks like a trade in a very, very deep Yahoo league.

Everyone wins!
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mikhayl » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:38 pm

Navarro was moved part of the Randy Johnson trade, no? I'd love to see him blossom in the AL East.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Another Blown Save » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:46 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:Blah. I was rooting for a little more for Hendrickson. He is definitely not great, but I was at least hoping for a future arm in return, but maybe the PTBNL will be somebody worth it. I wonder if this sets up Jackson with a spot in the rotation or if Stokes will get the rotation spot.

Why not Seo?
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers