Predicion on Hanley Ramirez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Predicion on Hanley Ramirez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Predicion on Hanley Ramirez

Postby virgil22 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:34 am

He will be the next Reyes without the hype. Hanley will post similar numbers to Reyes within the next two years. He has the SB potential to compete with the best of the base stealers and will acquire the plate discipline and hitting for ave. as we see with the Reyes in 06.

Fat chance or reality? We shall see but I think he will be a really good hitter in the near future.
virgil22
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CeeLoGreen » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:48 am

This belongs in the "Spanish Fantasy Baseball Cafe"

? Predicion de Hanley Ramierez ?

He could be good, but it may take him a year or two to come into form.
Basically I'm complicated.
I have a hard time taking the easy way
I wouldn't call it schizophrenia
But Ill be at least two people today

If that's OK

And I can go on, and on, and on...

But who cares?
CeeLoGreen
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:05 am

Reyes is only 6 months older. It's not like Reyes has reached his peak yet, either.

This reminds me of when a 3 year old claims that in 2 years, he'll be older than his 4 year old brother. He forgets that everyone else gets older, too.

Hanley will be a good player. But he'll never be Jose Reyes. And you'll never be older than your brother.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby activechamp2006 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:20 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Reyes is only 6 months older. It's not like Reyes has reached his peak yet, either.

This reminds me of when a 3 year old claims that in 2 years, he'll be older than his 4 year old brother. He forgets that everyone else gets older, too.

Hanley will be a good player. But he'll never be Jose Reyes. And you'll never be older than your brother.

great response.. i agree with you 110%
Hanley Ramirez is a good talent, but hes not as good as Jose Reyes.. Plus he doesn't have the great talent surrounding him like Reyes does..
Jose Reyes is now a fantasy superstar in this league.. and you're comparing a rookie 2 him? get real.. thats like comparing someone like Prince Fielder to Albert Pujols.. get real.
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hybrid » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:16 am

About Hanley's SB potential, it isn't really that close to what Reyes potential is. Reyes is a rare talent with speed and quickness few can match, Hanley isn't one of them. Hanley already has a bigger frame then Reyes and when he starts filling it out it will slow him down. He is a very good talent, Reyes is just a better one.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby jdsun1 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:13 am

Personally I think its still too soon to say. Hanley just broke out of his huge slump and the SB's are already starting to roll in, however he's still no Jose Reyes....yet.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby virgil22 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:29 am

It is very easy to say he won't be this or that when Reyes is that much better today. I was simply putting it out there for discussion. As far as age goes, yes they are comparable in age but Reyes has two years on him in experience at the major league level.

Yes reality and history tell us that only few guys come along that have the ability of the elite but I believe he will be closer to him than what some have indicated.

Reyes in the Pujols category? Reyes isn't close to Pujols. Look at Kenny Lofton's numbers in the early and mid nineties. He did what Reyes is doing and better on a consistent basis...60-70 SBs and batting .315-.340 (edge to Reyes in HR cat.). What about Juan Pierre for a few years, similar numbers.

Point is Pujols will be in the hall if he continues to post these numbers for the next 5-7 years. Is Lofton going to be in the hall?
virgil22
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:53 am

Hanley Ramirez prediction...he won't win ROY.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)

Postby Old_Style » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:22 am

i say ramirez puts up numbers similar to orlando cabrera thoughout his career...nothing special but not bad
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:32 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Reyes is only 6 months older. It's not like Reyes has reached his peak yet, either.

Actually, that is flawed logic. Reyes has 3 years of MLB experience to Hanley's 3 months. You can't say that because two guys are the same age that they will peak at the same time. There are many contributing factors. Who's to say that Reyes isn't close to his peak and Hanley will continue to improve over the next two years and get to the same level.

This is not (necessarily) my opinion, mind you - but just pointing out the logic flaw. The response from hybrid as to why Hanley won't reach that level makes more sense.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers